Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers

Article about: picked this up recently and its way out of my field of collecting, is it a repro? any comments appreciated kind regards Ed

Default Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers

picked this up recently and its way out of my field of collecting,
    is it a repro?
    any comments appreciated
    kind regards
    Ed

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers
    P
    Many

Could be ok here is a photo of another that was shown on here sometime ago
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers  

Im not medal expert, but I say fake. Reasons, soft and blurry text, details are blurry, "bubbles" in surface all over.
    Finnish medals are stamped, yours look like casted.
    Thanks for showing.

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Im not medal expert, but I say fake. Reasons, soft and blurry text, details are blurry, "bubbles" in surface all over.
    Finnish medals are stamped, yours look like casted.
    Thanks for showing.

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteersFinnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers
    Agree.

Supposedly less than 10,000 of these were made, so they are pretty rare and somewhat expensive for this category of medal. Sorry, but I agree with the others that yours is a repro.

Jay

Here is the one i have that came with the items of Otto Walter Neumark who was a Czech Volunteer in the Winter war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers   Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers  

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers  

Looking at the first one posted again you may be right it does look cast unless its just the lighting in the photo , The one i have posted is the same black color as the normal Winter war medals , i have seen both bronze and black medals does anyone know why ? as i put this medal came in with the RAF uniform of Otto Walter Neumark who was a Czech Volunteer in the winter war ,this medal and a normal Finnish issue winter war medal were in the pocket of the tunic, I have shown his uniform before on the forum

That's a really good looking medal kradman. The reference I looked at said the medal came in gold, silver, and bronze. Then they show a picture and the caption says "an iron medal", so I'm totally confused at this point. The photo labeled as iron looks like the one you have.

Jay

Hi Jay
    Thank you and thats interesting to know there were the 3 colors in these medals , this medal I have is also larger in size to the Normal Winter War medal I will post a photo of the two side by side

Here are photos to show the different sizes of the medals
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers   Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers  

Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers   Finnish issue Winter War Medal for volunteers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast