Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish issued Austrian M17

Article about: Hello, my new kid arrived today. After a 3 days wait! I bought it off a trusted member in this very forum, I'm not going to name him because that is unfair but I can say that he will likely

Smile Finnish issued Austrian M17

Hello, my new kid arrived today. After a 3 days wait! I bought it off a trusted member in this very forum, I'm not going to name him because that is unfair but I can say that he will likely see this thread.

Essentially, these helmets were sent to Finland post-WW1 (1920s-1930s) off Germany, Austrian and France. Almost all of them saw service during WW1 and a lot of them saw service during WW2 (Winter war). About 70-80 thousand off these were sent all together. During WW2, they were repainted Field Green and given Finnish WW2 liner and chinstraps (some were refurbished post-WW2).

My one has the original, almost mint, Finnish liner and chinstrap. The paint has a few scratches but is still holding up. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm pleased and have gone a long-way from owning that fake M18 cut-out almost half a year ago. My helmet is made by BGB and is a size 66 (BGB exclusively produced 66s). Thanks for reading guys and I hope you enjoy as much as I do

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish issued Austrian M17
    P
    Many

its very nice.

Nice helmet and good to see it found a good home

That's a nice example indeed. Classic post ww2 finnish refurbishment, probably from the '50s, '60s. Surely has seen a lot, congrats!