Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!

Article about: To my huge surprise I managed to find a Finn marked M34 Beretta pistol at a gunshow yesterday - after some haggling (and being told some extremely tall stories about the pistol) I promptly b

Default Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!

To my huge surprise I managed to find a Finn marked M34 Beretta pistol at a gunshow yesterday - after some haggling (and being told some extremely tall stories about the pistol) I promptly bought it....

Its all matching, and in beautiful condition - nice deep dark shiney blue. The bore is equally as beautiful. Unfortunately the magazine isn't [SA] marked.

Anything Finnish down here is NOT common....

I've read JTVs article on these about a thousand time since yesterday.

It came with a holster (which I guess is Italian??) that isn't [SA] marked so I'll be after a Finn marked replacement.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!
    P
    Many

Very nice! I didn't know that Beretta's were used here.

The Finnish Army ordered around 4000 7.65mm Beretta M35 pistols in 1942. The Italians had difficulty filling the M35 order - of the 4000 M35s ordered, only 3100 were shipped and 900 9mm Short M34s made up the shortfall (my pistol is one of these).

The Civil Guard bought 60 9mm M34s during the Winter War, and another 500 M34s in 1941 but these weren't delivered until 1943.

Beautiful little Beretta! I can see why you couldn't pass it up-Id have grabbed it too! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

great looking Beretta.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

My Christmas present to myself this year was a Finnish holster that I bought from ebay to go with this Finn issued Beretta M34 pistol. It arrived today, and I'm now wondering if it isn't for a different type of pistol? What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!   Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!  

Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!   Finnish marked M34 Beretta pistol!!  

It isnt original beretta holster, but finnish Ersatz general usage holster. You can see in third pic the leather has been cut nicely to fit bigger pistol grip inside.
    Still, never seen that small Finn ersatz holster.
    I can post picture of pre-war original holster and war-time ersatz general usage holster, which have had Beretta 34 inside.