Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33

Article about: Hi, I have just completed my collection of Finnsh shooting (marksman) badges m/33. There were four categories of the badge: submachine gun, rifle, light machine gun & heavy machine gun.

Default Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33

Hi,

I have just completed my collection of Finnsh shooting (marksman) badges m/33. There were four categories of the badge: submachine gun, rifle, light machine gun & heavy machine gun. Each badge exists in two versions: silver for enilsted soldiers and reservists and - with gilded weapon - for military professionals (senior NCO and officers). Total eight badges, now in full set. Voila !

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33
    P
    Many

?

I am always glad to see topics like that, with less common items.

Quote by tompress View Post
    Hi,

I have just completed my collection of Finnsh shooting (marksman) badges m/33. There were four categories of the badge: submachine gun, rifle, light machine gun & heavy machine gun. Each badge exists in two versions: silver for enilsted soldiers and reservists and - with gilded weapon - for military professionals (senior NCO and officers). Total eight badges, now in full set. Voila !

regards
    Tomasz
    Magnificent, thanks for sharing these gems Tomasz! I'm quite fond of the gilded ones.

Gilded ones are hard to find. But I think its discrimination that staff officer and NCO's get better looking badge with same requirements than enlisted men who served 2 years regular service. But this badge difference is only its only kind.

Much more often staff preferred to use SAL shooting badges (SAL=Finnish shooting sport federation, since year 1919). Which shows much better their individual shooting skills than this m/33 Qualification badge. They varied between weapon types,
    common 3-1 class,
    Champion badge,
    Special champion badge, and finally
    Special Master class badge which was same for all weapon classes: gilded badge with crossed rifles and shooting target in middle. Once per person.
    Top of this is one two more:
    Army shooter master, (Army only) which was awarded once per year and is wholly 18K gold or gilded. All weapon classes.
    And another Finland's Master class (presumably only for civilians) which was given once per year. Gilded with crown on top. All weapon classes.
    And left is region masters which army personnel didnt worn, 9 different region coat of arms with gilded weapons. Senior class (age over 50) has small shooting target in them and I M letters in it. Same shooting target is in Special master class for senior shooters.

Interesting as I've never seen these badges before.
    Thanks for posting..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Better picture of SAL badges.

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Gilded ones are hard to find. /.../
    Yes, or often the gliding is wiped off during the waering - and is almost not visible. As on this badge (from estate of a segreant):
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33  Finnish shooting badges (Ampumamerkit) M/33 

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Better picture of SAL badges.
    Thank you for showing I have also some of these badges, also with engraved names and gained points. Try to show a few originals later today

greetings
    Tomasz

?

Well done on completeing the full set Tomasz , they are in very nice condition too .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Tompress & Verikauha
    Thank you for these illustrations & information!
    First & foremost of any awards, medals, insignia & I collect are shooting awards.
    Rifle shooting is the second most important thing in my life
    I continue to look for the m/26 LS-26 award badge!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast