Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish used German M18 helmet...

Article about: This arrived today from the US from IMA... WW1 German M18 helmet used by the Finns. Seems to have had a few repaints, and a wartime depot replacement liner fitted. This was my "To me, f

Default Finnish used German M18 helmet...

This arrived today from the US from IMA...

WW1 German M18 helmet used by the Finns. Seems to have had a few repaints, and a wartime depot replacement liner fitted.

This was my "To me, from me" Christmas present. It took 11 days to get into my hands, and most of that was taken up by NZ Customs. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it - the ad said to expect dings, dents, flaky paint, and rusts spots, all of which this helmet has.

This sits nicely alongside my Finn used Hungarian M38 and Czech M34, I'll be happy if I can add a Finnish M40, Italian M33 and German M40 to my helmet collection.

On a related note - who knows where pottia.net went or if there is an archived version somewhere on the Internet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish used German M18 helmet...   Finnish used German M18 helmet...  

Finnish used German M18 helmet...   Finnish used German M18 helmet...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish used German M18 helmet...
    P
    Many

?

Nice present , shell looks in nice condition . Customs , don't you just love 'em !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Nice helmet , looks like someone has cleaned some paint away to look for markings here is my one brought some years ago from the Finnish Army
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish used German M18 helmet...   Finnish used German M18 helmet...  

Nice helmet with a long history behind. Liner, however is a postwar applied example. Any chance to show your hungarian helmet?
    Regards
    Attila

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    Nice helmet with a long history behind. Liner, however is a postwar applied example. Any chance to show your hungarian helmet?
    Regards
    Attila
    Certainly! Some photos of my Czech M34 as well....

Thank you!

Nice DM shell, showing some early characteristics. Could you show me the circular marking on the rear skirt please?