Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet

Article about: This helmet arrived from Finland this afternoon. I'd been hunting down one of these for a while, and when I saw one for sale on my birthday, I took it as a sign and bought as my "To me,

Default Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet

This helmet arrived from Finland this afternoon. I'd been hunting down one of these for a while, and when I saw one for sale on my birthday, I took it as a sign and bought as my "To me, From me" birthday gift.

Very nice condition overall, seems to have had one pad replaced, and probably repainted. Marked '69W' on the rim.

As this helmet doesn't have the red Wartsila deal on the inside, does that make it part of the batch made in 1944?

All I need for my Finn helmet collection now is a Finn issued Italian M33, German M16, Austrian M17 and maybe a German M42 and I'll be happy to call my Finn Helmet collection complete...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet   Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet  

Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet   Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet  

Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet   Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

Nice helmet its a shame the red maker label has gone

Quote by kradman View Post
    Nice helmet its a shame the red maker label has gone
    Thanks - so they were all made with the red label? I can't see any trace of one in this helmet.

All the Wartsila made helmets I have seen have had the label but a lot have them missing from use as it was only a transfer label, here is a photo of one of mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet   Finnish Wartsila M40 Helmet  

Nice one.

Quote by fernleaf View Post
    All I need for my Finn helmet collection now is a Finn issued Italian M33, German M16, Austrian M17 and maybe a German M42 and I'll be happy to call my Finn Helmet collection complete...
    Personally, it feels that Finnish issued m/33 italian helmet is unicorn nowadays. Everyone knows it but nobody has it.
    Heck, even Russian Ssh36 helmet with liner is easier to find.
    After war 1946-52 finnish army sold 180 000 helmets, mainly ended into foundry. After that Italian helmets disappeared from army inventory.