MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife

Article about: Got this one today, the blade has some old odd markings. Every soldier in the Finnish army had one puukko (knife) like this during the war against the soviets. Sends a chill down yur spine d

Jan
    ?

Default Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife

Got this one today, the blade has some old odd markings. Every soldier in the Finnish army had one puukko (knife) like this during the war against the soviets. Sends a chill down yur spine doesnt it...
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife

More pictures soon!

Apt Pupil
    ?

Great puukko!

I would love to see a few more pics.

Jan
    ?

Owner of the sheath to this battlefront knife identified as fighter pilot Eino Luukkanen, winner of the Mannerheim cross (knight). More pics below of the sheath and some pictures of Fighter pilot Eino Luukkanen himself (fom the book "Hyökkäys auringosta-ritari Eino Luukkasen elämä by Jukka Piipponen. There still are some real treasures out there. This one cost me less than 80 euros.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife   Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife  

Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife   Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife  

Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife   Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife  

Finnish Winter War 1939-40 battlefront knife  

?

Fantastic Jan , nice find , i love that puukko and made even nicer to know who the original owner was ! Super pics of him as well , which is rare .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Jan
    ?

Yes it´s a rare case this one. I will be donating the sheath (and the puukko) to the Finnish War Museum just to keep it from "getting lost" again.

Best,

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    Yes it´s a rare case this one. I will be donating the sheath (and the puukko) to the Finnish War Museum just to keep it from "getting lost" again.

Best,

Jan
    This is an amazing find Jan and admire your decision to donate it to the Finnish War Museum, well done!