Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Finnland- Insignia Help Appreciated!!

Article about: Greetings Friends, I would be very grateful for thoughts & opinions regarding this piece... cheers, Glenn

Default Finnland- Insignia Help Appreciated!!

Greetings Friends,
    I would be very grateful for thoughts & opinions regarding this piece...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnland- Insignia Help Appreciated!!   Finnland- Insignia Help Appreciated!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnland- Insignia Help Appreciated!!
    P
    Many

Kemijärvi is a municipality in Finnish Lapland. Soldiers made these as trench art during wartime and attached their watches into them, from what I've understood.

Thank you for your help, Alexander...I'm particularly curious about the Green/Red Round Medallion in the Center because it's similar to the Petsamo Badge...What does it signify? Mountain Troops? This is all from a German Soldier's Grouping, by the way....
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thank you for your help, Alexander...I'm particularly curious about the Green/Red Round Medallion in the Center because it's similar to the Petsamo Badge...What does it signify? Mountain Troops? This is all from a German Soldier's Grouping, by the way....
    cheers, Glenn
    It most likely is just a Finnish produced "memento" piece. The colors green and red are usually affiliated with Lapland — the Civil Guard District of Lapland used the colors red and green for example.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    It most likely is just a Finnish produced "memento" piece. The colors green and red are usually affiliated with Lapland — the Civil Guard District of Lapland used the colors red and green for example.
    Thanks again, Alexander...you've been very helpful!.
    cheers, Glenn..

This is "chatelaine" (shatlen)
    In 30'-40' years it was very popular in the Finnish army and the Wehrmacht in North Russia.

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    This is "chatelaine" (shatlen)
    In 30'-40' years it was very popular in the Finnish army and the Wehrmacht in North Russia.
    Thanks, Maxim! Great to hear from you as well! It's been awhile...Much Respect and Good Wishes to you and your Team!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanx Glenn!