Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German signal lamp dating if possible

Article about: This apparently this came from a veteran in Finland but I don’t know much more about him. I guess it’s known as or made by Crossbow in Germany? I haven’t been able to date it although there

Default German signal lamp dating if possible

This apparently this came from a veteran in Finland but I don’t know much more about him. I guess it’s known as or made by Crossbow in Germany? I haven’t been able to date it although there are similar lamps that are WW2 era. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German signal lamp dating if possible   German signal lamp dating if possible  

Last edited by Levallois; 11-19-2018 at 08:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German signal lamp dating if possible
    P
    Many

Could be a Finnish-made lamp, but I couldn't tell you for sure. There are lots of variations of these torches. German ones from the Second World War period are usually made by Daimon, and marked with their 'three lightning bolts' logo. There were a lot of manufacturers of similar lamps, and some were produced for commercial sale, rather than for military use.

This is what a WWII German taschenlampe looks like. Note the slides for red and green coloured lenses, used for signalling. Although some were fitted with blackout covers, not all of them were.

German signal lamp dating if possible

Regards, B.B.

B.B.

Thanks for the reply! There are photos of this lamp on the internet with a reference to Germany but not much information about them.

John

Quote by Levallois View Post
    B.B.

Thanks for the reply! There are photos of this lamp on the internet with a reference to Germany but not much information about them.

John
    I wish you luck in finding out more about it. I wish I was able to help further. Hopefully another member chimes in soon!

Regards, B.B.

It's a Swiss army flashlight. I cannot comment on age.

The crossbow is the "Swiss Label" logo for products made in Switzerland:

Swiss Label – Wikipedia

(A crossbow because of Wilhelm Tell, you know.)

Swiss? Ok, thank you HPL2008!