Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new SUOMI KP31 SJR

Article about: Here is my new purchase - deactivated SUOMI KP31 SJR - I know they were made from 1943 till about 1953. It was priced well so I got it - it comes with additional mag and sling. Will post bet

Default My new SUOMI KP31 SJR

Here is my new purchase - deactivated SUOMI KP31 SJR - I know they were made from 1943 till about 1953.
    It was priced well so I got it - it comes with additional mag and sling.
    Will post better photos once I have it.
    It only has two deactivation welds - one on the cylinder cap - I assume to block the removal of the firing pin and second in front of the mag (?).
    Also trigger is not functional.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new SUOMI KP31 SJR   My new SUOMI KP31 SJR  

My new SUOMI KP31 SJR   My new SUOMI KP31 SJR  

My new SUOMI KP31 SJR   My new SUOMI KP31 SJR  

My new SUOMI KP31 SJR  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SUOMI KP31 SJR
    P
    Many

like it.

?

Very nice.

Thanks - if any of the weapons experts can clarify the reasons for the front weld - i would appreciate - just curios.

They seem to have drilled and plugged the front trunion in place, presumably because they needed to pin the barrel in permanently, the bottom block comes off and is the mechanism to hold the shroud in, so I presume it is to keep you from reacivating the barrel as the back pin (and I'm guessing ther is a pin and not simply a weld) is to keep anyone from inserting a bolt)
    By the way, these suomi went into production in 31, is ther something different about this model?

Thanks for the info. It makes sense that the front weld prevents shroud and barrel from being removed.

It is the later version with muzzle brake kp31 sjr.

Does the shroud number match the receiver? The shrouds are interchangeable....
    Here is a shot with the shroud pulled back if it is helpful. So my guess is they drilled a hole up from the bottom that goes up though the barrel shroud, through the receiver and into the barrel to hold it all together and keep you from removing it.

Your receiver number is in the 20K range. I don't know if they numbered these sequentially or not, but I'm guessing so. You might get a clue if the shroud number matches or not. The shroud in the picture below is numbered in the 14K range and is the original style shroud.

Edited to add that it doesn't appear your shroud matches but I can't read the leading number. It may be the receiver is an early gun while the shroud is later.

I will have it in my hands next week and will provide better photos.
    I know the shrouds are interchangeable but getting one in Canada will not be easy.
    I am pretty sure it is a put together gun that received the updated shroud.
    I know the bolt moves and drum comes out but trigger is "locked".

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I will have it in my hands next week and will provide better photos.
    I know the shrouds are interchangeable but getting one in Canada will not be easy.
    I am pretty sure it is a put together gun that received the updated shroud.
    I know the bolt moves and drum comes out but trigger is "locked".
    Post pics when you get it! They have HEFT, but the finishing on the original pieces is usually excellent!
    In the pics I could see, I see part of a number of the shroud and it seems to include a '3' which your receiver number doesn't, so I'm guessing you are right but I don't see many parts sets that are matching (?). The end cap will also have a number. Interesting that the trigger is 'fixed' and that it won't move. When you say the 'bolt moves', do you mean you can pull the charging handle or do you mean when you pull the charging handle, the bolt also pulls back and you can see into the chamber?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Post pics when you get it! They have HEFT, but the finishing on the original pieces is usually excellent!
    In the pics I could see, I see part of a number of the shroud and it seems to include a '3' which your receiver number doesn't, so I'm guessing you are right but I don't see many parts sets that are matching (?). The end cap will also have a number. Interesting that the trigger is 'fixed' and that it won't move. When you say the 'bolt moves', do you mean you can pull the charging handle or do you mean when you pull the charging handle, the bolt also pulls back and you can see into the chamber?
    What is HEFT ? :-)

Will do for sure post more photos.
    I was told the bolt moves so I assume the charging handle pulls back but not sure about anything else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast