MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My small Finland Medal display

Article about: 4 Winter War Ribbon Bars and 3 medals. the medal of liberty and liberation medal are both dated 1918 and S&Co hallmarked. The MOL has another hallmark, a Q7. I saw a list of time range m

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Interesting medals.
    We need more items from Finland on the forum.
    Really?
    I have to woke up our latest Finnish member Jani.
    Or you can check his site : Finnmedals International - Orders and Medals worldwide
    Last edited by irsto; 01-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small Finland Medal display
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for link.

Hi all.

The medal with the hallmark Q7 is from 1969 according to the finnish dating codes.
    As other have mentioned the medal ribbon for the liberation medal is wrong and I cannot compare it with other finnish ribbons (half white half blue).

Rene, thank you for the information. I apologize for the delayed response. I thought I had replied to you earlier.

Hi Medalman90,
    You welcome. The medal ribbon (with the wrong liberation medal attached) which are half blue half white should be (if I am correct) a medal ribbon for "veterans's from Finnish army under Imperial Russia"; 1881-1904. You can find it on finnmedals here together with the award document: Comm. medal of Finnish Army in Imp.Russia with superb document - Finnmedals International - Orders and Medals worldwide

Quote by rene385273 View Post
    /.../ The medal with the hallmark Q7 is from 1969 according to the finnish dating codes. /.../
    I am not sure, if anybody is interested after two years but can resolve this mystery: this medal marked S&Co was made by Sporrong & Co. in Stockholm, Sweden - and they are using not Finnish but Swedish hallmark system. By Swedish dating codes Q7 is exatly 1918. Sporrong has hallmarked not only medals of precious metals, but also of bronze (like Liberty Medal 2nd class 1918).

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small Finland Medal display   My small Finland Medal display  

Last edited by tompress; 07-03-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2