Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

My small finnish collection

Article about: Hello - I am new to this Forum and wanted to show my small collection of Medals & Orders from Finland. Hope you enjoy seeing them as I am about to put the entire collection up for sale.

?

my great grandfather's replacement medals after his death the original medals disappeared. I spent many years looking for and talking to various veteran associations that helped me find out what medals he had received during the wars.

Left to right

Nr 1
    The Finnish Liberation War Medal 1918- vapaussodan muistomitali 1918
    is a Finnish medal from WW1. The medal was instituted 1918 for participants in the Liberation War, fighting against the Finnish and Soviet Bolsheviks. It was awarded to Soldiers of the Finnish Army, as well to German soldiers of the Baltic Division and foreign volunteers (Polish, Swedish, and Estonian).

Nr 2

Winter War 1939-1940 Medal - Talvisodan muistomitali
    was established on 2 August 1940 and awarded to soldiers and civilians for serving the Nation’s best interests. In particular, to honour those who had helped to keep Finland’s independence.

Nr 3
    Commemorative Medal of the War of Continuation - Jatkosodan muistomitali
    1941 - 1944 against the Soviet Union. The Continuation War
    started as an attempt by Finland to regain the
    territory lost at the Winter War and if possible to occupy Russian territory

Nr 4
    Karelian Cross - Karjalan Risti
    The Cross was awarded to both men and women who served for a minimum of one month in Karelia with the General Staff of the Aunus Front or in any capacity during the Winter War or Continuation War on the Karelian Isthmus or in a General Staff capacity and were ineligible for any other commemorative cross.

Nr 5
    6. Division Commemorative Cross - 6. divisioonan muistoristi
    Service in the 6. Division under the The Continuation War

Nr 6
    BlueCross - Sininen Risti for the Civil Guards Veterans of the War of Liberation (1918), the Winter War (1939 - 1940) and the Continuation War (1941 - 1944).

Nr 7
    Finnish War Veteran medal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small finnish collection   My small finnish collection  

My small finnish collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small finnish collection
    P
    Many

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7