Become our sponsor and display your banner here

old photo

Article about: Hello, I have just arrived home after a weekend at my grandmother house! just doing the ordinary talking and looked at old photos in hers albums. I did found a man in the album who was weari

?

Default old photo

Hello,

I have just arrived home after a weekend at my grandmother house! just doing the ordinary talking and looked at old photos
    in hers albums. I did found a man in the album who was wearing a Finnish uniform. I asked who the man was, and she replied that he was a adopted son by her relative. She also said that he was highly decorated during the war. so I picked up my phone and did a quick search of his name and did found that he was a the 174 MANNERHEIM KNIGHT.. just have to say that the world is small, could never imagine that I could have such a connection to a hero, although we are not related it feels pretty cool. That he has been a part of the family.

Here is the photo of him my grandmother had in her album before he was a knight.

MANNERHEIM KNIGHT
    For extraordinary bravery, for the achievement of extraordinarily important objectives by combat, or for especially well conducted operations."

First awarded July 22, 1941
    Last awarded May 7, 1945
    Total awarded 191
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	514691  
    Last edited by kemi; 05-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: old photo

Here is some info on him. But it´s only in finnish
    Mannerheim-ristin ritarien säätiö - Ritarit