Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PION RUK 1749 Tag?...

Article about: I don't have any really interesting items to sell right now just some common war stuff... But i have this PION RUK tag that i dont know what it is?... im guessing it is some gun tag and 1749

?

Default PION RUK 1749 Tag?...

I don't have any really interesting items to sell right now just some common war stuff...
    But i have this PION RUK tag that i dont know what it is?... im guessing it is some gun tag and 1749 is serial number?...
    hmm... it must be worth of thousand and thousand of dollas isn't it?...
    PION RUK 1749 Tag?...PION RUK 1749 Tag?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PION RUK 1749 Tag?...
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Looks like a tag for the Pioneer Company at RUK (Reserviupseerikoulu) in Finland. What it originally was attached to probably will remain a mystery as will the age of the item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserv...hool_(Finland)

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

Btw... I don´t know how the moderators feel about the fact that you are selling items over the discussions forum. Personally I advise you to use the classified section!

Other militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Best,

Jan

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Looks like a tag for the Pioneer Company at RUK (Reserviupseerikoulu) in Finland. What it originally was attached to probably will remain a mystery as will the age of the item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserv...hool_(Finland)

Best,

Jan
    yea i pretty much know that part and i doubt 1749 being year cos that organisation formed 1920s... Thanks anyways!...

Quote by Jan View Post
    Btw... I don´t know how the moderators feel about the fact that you are selling items over the discussions forum. Personally I advise you to use the classified section!

Other militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Best,

Jan
    yea well i wonder that sometimes too... and i'm not necessarily selling this if it has low value then it is a surprise gift...

This plaque is from bottom plate of graduation puukko/ finnish knife. Voluntary commemorative sale item for Reserve officer school graduates.
    After war item, I think numbers are graduation date but are missing dots 1.7.49 = first day of july 1949

Quote by mathat View Post
    hmm... it must be worth of thousand and thousand of dollas isn't it?...
    @MATHAT.....I very much appreciate this humor. Laughter is good medicine indeed.........Thanks, Doug.

AFTERTHOUGHT.....I also liked the double meaning joke about 1749 being its date....SUBTLE humor indeed.
    Last edited by stakeside; 11-06-2017 at 01:37 AM.

?

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    This plaque is from bottom plate of graduation puukko/ finnish knife. Voluntary commemorative sale item for Reserve officer school graduates.
    After war item, I think numbers are graduation date but are missing dots 1.7.49 = first day of july 1949
    That's quite incredible Verikauha you actually found out what it is thank you very much! you got any use for it?
    I can mail it to you since you discover what it is... otherwise it's random bonus to someone.
    And if anyone is interested... knife looks pretty much something like this.
    I don't know how well your theory of dates fits with this one cos it has only 3 digits nevertheless you were correct with a knife.

?

Quote by stakeside View Post
    @MATHAT.....I very much appreciate this humor. Laughter is good medicine indeed.........Thanks, Doug.

AFTERTHOUGHT.....I also liked the double meaning joke about 1749 being its date....SUBTLE humor indeed.
    Yea its kind of one of those jokes answering it you might become joke it self...

Oh there was no joke i intend to... Jan's answer wasn't really answering anything so i just wrote something as obvious back...
    But you're welcome if you found something amusing there... like they say ambiguous people have double times fun...

Pion Ruk 264 would be 2 graduation batch(december), year 1964. First graduation happens in summer june/july.
    Those numbers feel pretty random but they are related to when person is conscripted, december (first) or july (second), and a year.
    My reserve NCO school graduate batch was numbered 2/08
    This is "intti" stuff.

?

Quote by Verikauha View Post
    Pion Ruk 264 would be 2 graduation batch(december), year 1964. First graduation happens in summer june/july.
    Those numbers feel pretty random but they are related to when person is conscripted, december (first) or july (second), and a year.
    My reserve NCO school graduate batch was numbered 2/08
    This is "intti" stuff.
    ah ok guess it works like that then... their website says its ww2 but wrong they must be...
    well these ruk knives aren't prettyest or fanciest knives but guess they cut like any.... thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast