Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?...

Article about: Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it? I bet no one in this forum doesn't know what this is?... it weights ridiculous 6.3kg... and i believe it has something to do with cannons?

?

Default Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?...

Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?
    I bet no one in this forum doesn't know what this is?... it weights ridiculous 6.3kg... and i believe it has something to do with cannons?....

Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?... Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?...
    Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?... Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Round heavy metal thing with some melt marks on it?...
    P
    Many

Slugshot.
    Cannon dummy head, or practice ammo. In finnish army, Yellow is always referred to training equipment.

?

No one than Verikauha knows these... i was already thinking to use internets most powerful solving force Reddit to solve what it is...
    Cannon practice slug yea i was thinking that it might be something like that i didn't/won't find anything in web to related to it...
    Do you know how they use this i mean do they shoot this thing somehow or something?... hmm... damn this must hurt... wearing bulletproof vest and getting one of these slugs on chest...

Well I don't know what it is but it does look strangley familiar.
    One thing you can say is that it has been fired through a gun barrel. Note the copper driving band with the marks from being forced through the grooves of the rifling.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Whats the precise measurement.

As to determine a caliber

CBH
    ?

I believe it is some type of pusher sabot round for ballistic testing, either for high speed aerodynamics, impact testing.

It was just advanced guess.
    But precise measurement tool sounds also right answer, as to check if cannon tube has worn out. To check if it is loose.

?

yea i think CBH and Verikauha are most closest on this one cos it's from one of those military testing facilities actually i have two of these...
    this second one has taken even bigger hit and looks like even that rifling pattern has carved in to it..
    precise measurement are 10cm diameter and 10,5cm at highest point of that copper band...

?

FINNISH ARMY 1918 - 1945: ARTILLERY PART 5

Here’s a whole page about Finnish artillery within that calibre.

Those linked are quite antique guns. My guess is T-55 tank and coastal artillery T-55 turrets "100 56 TK". Rifled cannon D-10T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast