Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA M17 Stahlhelm

Article about: My purchase from a Finnish Militaria Exhibition. This one has definetly seen use. Front liner pad has been changed war era or before. The chinstrap has been fixed once. It has a couple of sm

Default SA M17 Stahlhelm

My purchase from a Finnish Militaria Exhibition.

This one has definetly seen use. Front liner pad has been changed war era or before. The chinstrap has been fixed once. It has a couple of small dents and on the left side of the dome, something very sharp has hit the helmet from ground to sky direction.

Atleast when I have the helmet in hand, I can see a iron cross scratched to the front of the helmet. Not all the way, left side has been finished, so an iron cross without it's North-Western side.

Does anyone recognize the paint underneath the Finnish 30's paint? It looks quite light green.

The maker seems to be ''W'' and size 64. I havent found out any ''W'' makers of Austro-Hungarian helmets...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA M17 Stahlhelm   SA M17 Stahlhelm  

SA M17 Stahlhelm   SA M17 Stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA M17 Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Apple green?......

Yes it looks quite Apple Green, but atleast books says that these were bought in 1920's, I thought Apple Green paint was 1930's paint? Or was it used before? The seller suspected, that it is the original paint, but most ww1 stahlhelms I've seen, have been of darker green.

Am I mistaken?

"Helmets were painted at the factory with smooth low-gloss linseed oil based enamel paint. The color was designated as “field-gray”. The term field gray can be somewhat confusing as original helmets vary greatly in color."
    HISTORY OF THE GERMAN HELMET | HELMETS OF WAR

I suppose it could be faded original "field grey"!....

Nice helmet ! Löytyhän sieltä jotain .

Thanks for info, Gunny! I suppose it is the very first layer of paint. Though I thought Austro-Hungarian helmets were painted brown in the factory.

Kiitos Aleksanderi

Yes nice helmet Finnlander good to see one that hasnt been repainted post war

Default .

I found a name inside the dome! I dont understand the hand writing though..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA M17 Stahlhelm   SA M17 Stahlhelm  

I don't know if it's just me, but I think it reads Tapio.

What makes this a SA helmet?
    chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast