Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Share Your Finnish Photos

Article about: Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have. I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives

Nice group picture Aleksander. I couldnt help noticing the soldier on the middle with the M16/18 stahlhelm...I propably have some obsession to ww1 german stahlhelms, but they look so damn beautiful..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share Your Finnish Photos
    P
    Many

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    Nice group picture Aleksander. I couldnt help noticing the soldier on the middle with the M16/18 stahlhelm...I propably have some obsession to ww1 german stahlhelms, but they look so damn beautiful..
    Thank you Finnlander. Yes, they for surely are beautiful helmets and I enjoy their style too a lot. It's good to have a fellow member here, who is specified in these helmets.

Finnish and German Waffen-SS soldiers going to the front. Kiestinki, 1942.08.22.

Source: SA-kuva

Note the Waffen-SS soldier holding a Finnish submachine gun (Suomi konepistooli KP/-31).

One of the soldiers looks a lot like my great-grandfather, who fought in Kiestinki. You can only wonder .

Fantastic photo Aleksander! Thanks alot. I wonder do those SS soldiers with sidecaps, have finnish cockades in them? I've never seen such white round cockades in German sidecaps and the only type of cockade that comes to mind, is the Finnish one.

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    Fantastic photo Aleksander! Thanks alot. I wonder do those SS soldiers with sidecaps, have finnish cockades in them? I've never seen such white round cockades in German sidecaps and the only type of cockade that comes to mind, is the Finnish one.
    Thank you Finnlander! That was the first thought that came to my mind also, as they really look like them. I thought that they attached Finnish cockades as a sign of brotherhood on the train, but then I remembered that Germans used the round Totenkopf cockade. See the photo I attached, I think it could be it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  

Ah, I've never seen that one before! Yeah, I think it's that. Looks alot more like silver totenkopf than blue-white cockade

Finnish soldiers advancing under the cover of smoke, Hanko.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  

Parade for the capture of Vyborg, 31.8.1941. The parade is being inspected by General-Lieutenant Karl Lennart Oesch.

Nice photos again ,the Totenkopf cockade isnt a cockade as such but a button with the skull on worn early war by the SS on their side caps

Thanks!

Yes, you are right about that! I see it now that you mentioned it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast