Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Share Your Finnish Photos

Article about: Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have. I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives

Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have.

I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives in hope for retrieving items he possibly brought back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share Your Finnish Photos
    P
    Many

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have.

I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives in hope for retrieving items he possibly brought back.
    I bet it would be nice to have something of his. It's sad that the items are lost in history most of the time.

Im not sure if I wanted to hear what I heard....

He brought SS crusher cap and other gear home, but they were taken away sometime during 90's from his wife...

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    Im not sure if I wanted to hear what I heard....

He brought SS crusher cap and other gear home, but they were taken away sometime during 90's from his wife...
    I know that feeling . Was it maybe a collector who got them?

This helmet keeps haunting me.

A helmet like this, with an lightning bolt on the side was for sale last year and it didn't sell for that much. I was bidding all my money on it, but sadly that wasn't enough. I researched the meaning of the decal on the helmet and what troops used it and I found out that it was used during the early stages of the Continuation War by troops that were under the command of the Coastal Battery troops and were ordered to assault the islands of the peninsula that were next to the Karelian Isthmus. These helmets are extremely rare and I've never seen an another one. The photo is from Koivisto (Приморск), 1941.
    Attached Images Attached Images Share Your Finnish Photos 

Here are also soldiers in Virolahti, Pukkio, 1941.08.24, who attacked the Soviet occupied islands. You can see that the lightning bolt this time is painted in front of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  

More photos of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos   Share Your Finnish Photos  

Here is a new photo i picked up ,its sealed in glass
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  

Quote by kradman View Post
    Here is a new photo i picked up ,its sealed in glass
    Nice and usual photo! I wonder if the number is from his dogtag.

Hi Aleksander you may be right there hadnt thought of that

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast