Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Share Your Finnish Photos

Article about: Hah! Yeah, I am quite proud to have such great men among my ancestors, like many others have. I unfortunately don't have any of his items, though I've began hunting for his closest relatives

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Here's a new one that I got; A Finnish Major of the Air Force.
    I found more info about this Major of the Air Force. His name was Jörgen Viktor Max "Jucka" Schauman and he was born in Vaasa, 26.2.1899 and died in Helsinki, 10.9.1986.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share Your Finnish Photos
    P
    Many

A photo where you can see a lot of insignia in wear, such as the tank kill badges, JR 45 and rähinäremmi ones.

The upper badge on the captains belt is for the 8th division, but I haven't identified the lower one yet. He is a part of Infantry Regiment 45, but the badge isn't that.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  
    Attached Images Attached Images Share Your Finnish Photos  Share Your Finnish Photos 

Some new photos i have picked up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos   Share Your Finnish Photos  

Share Your Finnish Photos   Share Your Finnish Photos  

Quote by kradman View Post
    Some new photos i have picked up
    Nice photos, you should scan them!

Kradman's post of a great original wartime pic...Share Your Finnish Photos
    SA kuva's image of the same model 7.62 ItKk/31-40 VKT AA machine gun in action. Only 346 of these were produced. They were the main AA MG of the continuation war. Notice the adjustable site that was made specifically for these guns. Share Your Finnish Photos
    The same site in my collection. Share Your Finnish Photos

Hi guys,

I am new here and have a good opportunity to refresh this topic. Together with some orders, medals and documents I have got a Finnish photo album. One of the interesting pictures is this one taken on 6.8.33 in Utti (handwritten description back). Showing Finnish soldiers with the maps and a group of international officers (Finnish, Hungarian, Polish, Soviet and German Reichswehr, if I good recognize). Here is the whole photo and close-up to the officers

Next pictures come

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos   Share Your Finnish Photos  

Here is a photo I came across in my files from some time ago. I have no clue where it came from except from the internet years ago. I imagine that I saved it because it looked interesting,. It is a photo of 2 Soviet soldiers frozen solid still sitting in their fox hole in Finland 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share Your Finnish Photos  
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the forum Tomasz yes the two guys standing on the right in the photo are Finnish and from the uniforms worn the photo would be pre ww2

Quote by kradman View Post
    Welcome to the forum Tomasz yes the two guys standing on the right in the photo are Finnish and from the uniforms worn the photo would be pre ww2
    Yes, it was taken in August 1933, near of Utti. Probably during exercises, and the foreign officers are observers.

Hi again

the second picture, take on same day: August 6th, 1933 (date is on obverse, too). There is a bicycle battalion, supported by the cars. I made a close-up to the cars.

regards
    Tomasz

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast