Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

siso cross

Article about: hi info about this award please,is it scarce ?

Default siso cross

hi info about this award please,is it ssiso crosscarce ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement siso cross
    P
    Many

Default Re: siso cross

I quote, "Regimental badge of Detachment SISU, multinational volunteer Batallion, which came to Finland to assist in winter war 1939-1940. When it was decided that also men without previous military training were to be accepted, a training system was created. According to this plan, a special unit for foreign volunteers was set up in Lapua. This unit was called Detachment Sisu, in Finnish Osasto Sisu. Sisu is a Finnish word for a national characteristic deemed unique for us Finns; it refers to something that might be called stubbornness in a negative context but we Finns prefer to think this characteristic as something positive: determination and pervasiveness.

The unit's commander was a Finnish officer, Captain Bertil Nordlund.

Detachment Sisu grew very slowly and when the peace treaty was signed and the war ended in March 13th there were only 153 volunteers from different countries. This figure excludes the Hungarians, who joined the detachment as a unit of their own. Even after March 13th the trickle of men continued so that at its peak in February 20th the unit consisted of 212 men."

DKcollector
    ?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a SISU badge/cross like this one - if someone has one of these for sale please send me a PM.

/Regards