Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939

Article about: My second medal of freedom. The one from 1939 now i'm on the hunt for the 1918.

Default Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939

My second medal of freedom. The one from 1939 now i'm on the hunt for the 1918.

Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939
    P
    Many

Default Re: Vapaudenmitalin 2.luokka 1939

That's a nice one. I have my grandfather's medal of freedom 2nd class 1941. It's blue and white. He also got 3rd and first class of the medal, but I dont have them, they're in posession of my relatives.

Just to correct you Finnlander. The medal of liberty 2nd class is the one above with orange ribbon.
    The one you are mentioning (white and blue) is the medal of liberty 1st class. There is no 3 class. There is another 2nd class called medal of merit. And that one is a bronze medal with a green ribbon.
    (And actually there is another medal of 1st class but it is only awarded once to C. G. E. Mannerheim)

Oh I didnt know that. I always thought that the blue-white one was 2nd class, because it always was with the certificate, which is about 2nd class. I guess those medals have swapped their places, due to people not knowing which ribbon means which class :O