Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet polizei

Article about: Hello, before buying this baionette I would have liked to have your opinion so good or not. thank you

?

Default Bayonet polizei

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet polizei
    P
    Many

Hard to tell from this pictures, but for what I see, I would say; good.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Looks good to me too.

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think I ever saw or heard of a repro of these. At least not one that is remotely believable. Grips were riveted, clamshell holes filled, so even as a "parts piece" unlikely. Yours, either the nickel plating normally seen is extremely worn or made of a lesser material than to be expected. Very few of these were TR made...most are cut down from pre-war models, redesigned & issued to Police.

This scabbard is for Rural Police.
    I love these, my first TR blade, 1970 !! I buy them, sell them. Have had many & just love the look.

This one I would not spend a lot on being there is no plating left & the frog is for Munincipal police.
    Last edited by real steel; 12-18-2017 at 08:25 PM.

?

Yet the marking S D IV 280 corresponds to the urban police of the Düsseldorf ? No

The brown scabbard looks to be #'s matching to the piece. So I would think rural. Unless the dye is worn from black to brown, I cannot tell from the pics. Does the scabbard look heavily worn, like it might have been black originally ?

I cannot read the markings & if I could, I don't know that much about the marks & associated cities/towns issued to. I am sure there is a list somewhere to verify what you say.

Looks fine to me. These side arms (not a bayonet) originally had a longer blade, many were shorted as can be seen in this example.

If they were slotted as many are, they are bayonets. Yes, wartime were cut down to about 13" from their original length of about 18".

In the collecting community, they are categorized as bayonets, whether slotted or not, not daggers, or swords or "side arms"

?

Hello , the seller marks in the black sheath announcement thank you