Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help WKC Dress police

Article about: I have a friend that was recently given this Police sidearm, It appears to have been cut down at some point in time, was it or is it an original as the handle / grip insignia is solid Vs. op

?

Default Need Help WKC Dress police

I have a friend that was recently given this Police sidearm, It appears to have been cut down at some point in time, was it or is it an original as the handle / grip insignia is solid Vs. open or was this a manufacturing trait of WKC, Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks guys...... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help WKC Dress police   Need Help WKC Dress police  

Need Help WKC Dress police   Need Help WKC Dress police  

Need Help WKC Dress police  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help WKC Dress police
    P
    Many

?

Rough crowd..

They are out with their snow shovels

Hang tight G ..if there is anyone who will answer ..it will be Anderson or Fred
    Im not too keen on the emblem on the grip nor the construction as it doesnt seem to meet the same details on other Police types.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's a interesting one. A genuine Weimar era WKC made pre-1930. Maker marks are authentic and crossbar mark indicates Municipal Polizei of Berlin and with accountability number. It would have been cut down around 1936, usually the blade was shortened to 12-13 inch, but this one looks shorter (perhaps 20cm). I wonder too if it's been replated as well. But it's also possible it's an original short blade version. Some of these side arms had no mortice slot or button. The ring attachment to the grip is usual but quite possibly a personal modification relating to the troddel. The short K98 cross bar may look odd but were an option for private purchase side arms. The stag horn grip plates would originally would have had a Weimar badge this would have been replaced also around 1936. We see here the thick rivets usually seen with this type but the Polizei badge is of the later type and the "1942" is also unusual. The badge may be a post war addition after de-nazification and may be a reproduction.
    Overall an interesting Police side arm with a lot of history. I presume there is no scabbard to go with it?

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    . The ring attachment to the grip is usual but quite possibly a personal modification relating to the troddel.
    I can be of no assistance on the ID of this Polizei bayonet,
    But this is the first time I've seen this type of ring attachment.
    Where these just related to a specific maker or a personal preference that could be added?
    ,I'm just trying to learn something here.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Anderson, There is some type of scabbard I will publish soon.. May Thanks to Larry C, Anderson and Azphil for your response in this matter.. Again Thanks.. G

Sorry for any confusion there Phil, spelling error, I meant to write "the ring attachment to the grip was unusual", not "usual". Of course it's anyone"s guess when it was fitted.

?

Attached are the scabbard pics for examination. Thanks again..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help WKC Dress police   Need Help WKC Dress police  

It's an odd fish. The scabbard is a standard one for a dress KS98, though late TR period these were matched with the Police sidearm so we can't entirely say it's wrong, just not matched with it in the Weimar period. The frog is a combat K98 type not a dress type we would expect. The troddel is not correct for this either.
    The new photos show the blade is cut down as we can see the absence of nickel plating on the tip. It occurred to me the crossbar might have been cut down as well to remove the finger guard, but photos of the end seem to show the nickel plating go around that end as well, as you can see the edge where the steel and plating meet.
    Blade length is quite short even for a late TR Police sidearm at only 18cm.
    It's a curious piece, it's origins in Weimar Police are genuine, blade has been cut down as was usual in about 1936, but the unusual features such as short length, lack of the usual finger guard and other mixed parts, I think leaves the question open as to when it was modified into it's current form and why.

?

Thanks again Anderson much appreciated.. G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast