Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?

Article about: On the search for a frog for a my Polizei bayonet I picked up recently, and I was wondering if these take a special frog on account of the nickel plated metal fittings on the scabbard? The b

Default Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?

On the search for a frog for a my Polizei bayonet I picked up recently, and I was wondering if these take a special frog on account of the nickel plated metal fittings on the scabbard?

The bayonet;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...vivors-285809/

And here is a pic of a bayonet/frog I was looking at, but the frog doesn't look right, has that skinny upper section that are usually deemed to be Czech frogs?

Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?

Can someone show an original frog on one of these? I notice that most in don't actually have a frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?

I believe this is a German frog, I think it might just be the way the manufacturer made it, many of the frogs have long since been lost on these bayonets over years of bad storage this one is in excellent condition overall great dagger

Default Re: Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?

I agree that the frog in question looks like a German frog & the difference in the top could be due to a manufacturer's variation. I will say the knot is not for a Feuerwehr bayonet but for a Heer sword. The Feuerwehr knot with silver bullion bulb has 3 aluminum threads in the strap & a carmine dot.

What is the proper knot for a Polizei bayonet?

Hello,

this is not a bayonet (it is not for a rifle)... it is a Faschienenmesser for the firemens.

The Portepee belongs to the german army.

The frog is a unusual but a think it is a privat model

faustriemen for the firemen are divided in the time until 1940 and the time after. In the time after they used the police knot, because the firemen get under the supervision of the police and called Feuerlöschpolizei firepolice

at first the firemen knots until 1940
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?   Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?  

Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?   Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?  

Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?   Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?  

and this the knots of the police
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?   Is this NOT a German frog, but Czech? Polizei Bayonet frog question?  

Very nice, thx Sleepwalker!!!