MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police dagger help needed

Article about: Hello everyone, I have the opportunity to get this police dagger but I need your help with the authenticity and value of it. I know its rough and the pictures are crappy but they are all I h

?

Default Police dagger help needed

Hello everyone, I have the opportunity to get this police dagger but I need your help with the authenticity and value of it. I know its rough and the pictures are crappy but they are all I have at the moment. Is it a good piece and how much would you pay for it? Thank you very much!
    Police dagger help neededPolice dagger help neededPolice dagger help neededPolice dagger help neededPolice dagger help needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police dagger help needed
    P
    Many

If it were me I would honestly save my money.. There is a lot of damage and corrosion on this one.. I would pass and save on one that is not in this condition..

We don't give price estimations on this forum, but encourage potential buyers to do research and find prices. They are out there..

One other thing, if these pictures are from the seller, you may want to ask them to provide better pictures. Low quality or poor pictures on the sellers side may indicate they are trying to hide something for the sake of trying to "offload" a dud quickly...

Smitty

The WKC stamp look odd and fresh and there is a partial swas below that. I have not seen before.
    John

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    If it were me I would honestly save my money.. There is a lot of damage and corrosion on this one.. I would pass and save on one that is not in this condition..

We don't give price estimations on this forum, but encourage potential buyers to do research and find prices. They are out there..

One other thing, if these pictures are from the seller, you may want to ask them to provide better pictures. Low quality or poor pictures on the sellers side may indicate they are trying to hide something for the sake of trying to "offload" a dud quickly...

Smitty
    Thanks for the comment and your opinion! Its much appreciated. The seller knows nothing about it, he said it looks like a syrian eagle dagger ... so Im thinking I could get it really cheap but is there a way to deal with the corrosion and make it look more presentable? I’ll definately ask for better pics.

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    The WKC stamp look odd and fresh and there is a partial swas below that. I have not seen before.
    John
    Thanks for the comment and info. I was confused about the swas on the blade aswell. Never seen one with engraving either but the WKC and swas is whats worrying me

I have to agree with John about the WKC and swastika marks. Below is a link to a similar WKC dagger for sale.. Take a look at the lettering on an authentic dagger and compare with the one being sold.. There are a few red flags with this dagger..

Stewart's Military Antiques - - German WWII Police Bayonet with Frog & Knot, WKC Mfg - $595.00

As far as cleaning, I'm not too sure if there is anything you can do about the corrosion at this point. It would probably degrade the dagger even more.. It almost looks like it was in a fire at one time with the ashen color corrosion but I am not sure what it had been exposed to.. Possibly left outdoors or near some very heavy moisture...

With the stamps on it as they are, (WKC and Swastika) I would avoid this.. Never seen anything like this Swastika marking on any period daggers...

Smitty

A few odd things going on here. The Police emblem is on the wrong grip, (the back) and it is a solid cast not showing hollow areas around the wings/head. Secondly the blade, what we can see of it, is not like the typical bayonet type with fuller. This actually looks like a sword blade. The WKC mark looks a little too new as well.
    A lot of corrosion as well, It's one I would avoid. Could be a parts sidearm or a complete fake.

?

There are a lot of issues with this, it has a scabbard that is a dagger scabbard not a bayonet scabbard, the eagle is inset into the handle instead of above the handle. The blade isn't the standard bayonet design more like a fighting knife and it has phillips screws in the handle, the cross guard looks wrong. The swastika on the blade, that wkc, the head looks wrong and the whole thing looks really narrow. Not much good about this one. Also just noticed the eagle is on the wrong side for either a dagger or a bayonet.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 05-17-2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typos

Chinese fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police dagger help needed  

?

Thanks everyone! After doing some more research and reading all of your comments I believe you are correct that this is a cheap fake made to look old. As you guys pointed out there are just too many red flags, so I've decided to stay away from this one for sure. Have a good one and thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast