Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured

Article about: Another bayo I have added to my collection is this... Manufactured during the Third Reich period (identified by the blade which has a complete fuller, not cut down like the vast majority. Th

Default Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured

Another bayo I have added to my collection is this...

Manufactured during the Third Reich period (identified by the blade which has a complete fuller, not cut down like the vast majority.

The fittings are made of aluminium and then nickel plated which makes this bayonet much lighter than the cut down Prussian style. Nickel plating however, doesn't stick to aluminium very well so some of the plating has come off over time.

Another feature of this bayo is the grips. These are actually made of wood and then crafted to resemble stag horn, a neat touch.

The frog is dated 1942 and has a period portepee tied to it.

Now all I need is a clamshell and a short version 😁

Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured

Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured
    P
    Many

That's a beautiful collection you are assembling Jamie. On your latest, the blade appears faultless. The wood imitation staghorn grip was an option also for the KS98 parade bayonet. No doubt there was a price difference, but appears not to have been that popular as they are less commonly seen now, and a nice point of difference in your collection.

Jamie,

Very nice grouping of Polizei bayonets. You're correct that the 3R produced examples can be somewhat difficult to find but as you point out about the plating, they're even harder to find in good condition.

The only flaw in your plan is that you believe you need a short model & a clamshell to be done. I started collecting Polizei variants almost 20'years ago & I'm not done yet, there are tons of variations if you are a collector that loves he small details. Certain manufacturers had features unique to them. There are also specific models of Polizei bayonet & when you factor in the whole unit marking scenario, it's possible you'll never be done. I've got 20 or 21 different types & I'm always looking for more. I started like you & got in over my head fast. Good luck!

?

I love that brown leather scabbard and frog. Very nice bayonets.

?

Lovely one Jamie, top notch!
    One that would fit in any collection

Like Billy stated, your never done when you specialize….LOL
    That why i decided to only collect early Pack & aluminium Pack based armies.
    A bit of self protection, they are a bit hard to find so my collection will not grow that hard, and thats better for the peace at home

Besides that i have a wide angle of interest and buy what ever i fancy, but they all can go sooner or later.
    My Pack collection stays….Ivan gave me that Pack flu virus...

Ger

Thanks everyone for the comments.

For the meantime I think I'm gonna try and get an example of each type ie Municipal, Gendarm, slotted, clamshell etc.

Then, once I have completed my collection of KVK1, I may broaden my bayo collection in the same manner.

So, look forward to an update in around 50 years from now!!!

J

Quote by Billy G View Post
    Jamie,

Very nice grouping of Polizei bayonets. You're correct that the 3R produced examples can be somewhat difficult to find but as you point out about the plating, they're even harder to find in good condition.

The only flaw in your plan is that you believe you need a short model & a clamshell to be done. I started collecting Polizei variants almost 20'years ago & I'm not done yet, there are tons of variations if you are a collector that loves he small details. Certain manufacturers had features unique to them. There are also specific models of Polizei bayonet & when you factor in the whole unit marking scenario, it's possible you'll never be done. I've got 20 or 21 different types & I'm always looking for more. I started like you & got in over my head fast. Good luck!
    And what German Police bayonet collection would be complete without some of the S. 84/98 service bayonets? Best Regards, Fred

Very nice Jamie.

Shamless plug now. How about a private purchase Horster with 10 inch blade and unusual frog / hanger? Interested? If so see my next auction on July 25th.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sounds good Ade, please let me know when photos are online and I'll take a look ����

Here you go, a special preview. Note this has never had a eagle on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured   Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured  

Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured   Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured  

Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured   Polizei bayonet, Third Reich manufactured  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast