Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and Jung

Article about: Hello all, I have a police bayonet here that I would like your opinion on. It was purchased off eBay from a non-militaria seller and has an 8in. blade (?!?). The markings and most things see

Default Seeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and Jung

Hello all,
    I have a police bayonet here that I would like your opinion on. It was purchased off eBay from a non-militaria seller and has an 8in. blade (?!?).
    The markings and most things seem correct to me, but the piece feels extraordinarily light and poorly made in the hand. The blade is loose as well are the cracked grips. I noticed the clemen and jung crown logo appears different from the rest I've seen, in that the corners arch inwards instead of come to an even top (above the Z). The scabbard is strange too, obviously its missing some screws and covers but also is marked 79 on the back - which is normally where the staple would go and there are no unit or group markings on blade or sheath. The blade has a small scratch in it, which the seller described as a flower engraving but looks like random scratch marking to me. Leaning towards a dud due to lack of quality I've felt in German steel before - but would appreciate any opinions on it.
    Seeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and JungSeeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and Jung[ATTACH=CONFIG]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking opinions on a Weimar/TR Police Bayonet - Clemen and Jung
    P
    Many

Largely authentic parts but in poor condition, and there's a strong suspicion someone has b_ _ _ _ _ed around with it. The stag grip plates may have been removed and the blade even swapped. It's fairly unusual to see a "carbine" blade in one of these, but I wouldn't say impossible. That said, a blade swap is not impossible and may account for the loose blade. The stag grips probably cracked during someone's hamfisted attempt to remove the rivets or re-fit them. Notice the chipping around the rivets on reverse side. The scabbard is missing the metal tip as well. Overall a poor example, I would return it if possible.