Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC police bayonet

Article about: Hello to the forum, I posted this thread yesterday... but apparently in the wrong place. I was advised by another member to repost in this section for better results...so here I am (New to t

Default WKC police bayonet

Hello to the forum,

I posted this thread yesterday... but apparently in the wrong place. I was advised by another member to repost in this section for better results...so here I am (New to this forum).

I recently purchased this bayonet for $150.00 from an auction that was coming to the end (no bidders). I took a chance... (I usually do my research first.. but... it was one of those things!).

After the purchase, I began to do my due diligence. I found out that this (most likely) is one of the older police bayonets that was cut down. From what I’ve researched, it appears that this bayonet is from the Wiesbaden district. I’ve also found that this bayo is from one of the more common makers (WKC).

The only two issues I find with this purchase is that it’s missing the Nazi symbol on the handle... and one side of the stitching on the scabbard has totally come apart. I know this decreases the value and I knew it before I placed my bid (Maybe that’s why I was the only bidder).

I guess my question for the experts would be... is the real or memorex? I think the scabbard can be repaired, or course it won’t be original, but I think these are interesting pieces of history and would like to preserve it in some form or fashion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC police bayonet   WKC police bayonet  

WKC police bayonet   WKC police bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC police bayonet
    P
    Many

Quite authenitc

The Bayo gents will be along shortly and will tell you in detail about this Police Bayonet.
    Grips plates may have been replaced.
    Nice find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think you've done rather well for $150. It is authentic WKC as Larry says. The original 17 inch blade from Weimar era Polizei was cut down around 1936, the Nazi era grip badge has been removed post WW2. The marks indicate it was issued by the Westpreussen District Polizei ( not Weisbaden), (District III and side arm Nr 7)and it has matching marks with scabbard, which is desirable. The stitching on the scabbard I think could be repaired and worth doing if you can find the right person. The throat screw on scabbard also is missing but potentially replaceable. Overall I think a worthwhile purchase for the money.

I have a similar police bayonet that was brought back by a former POW. His plane was shot down over Ludwigshafen in 1944. (Ironically this was my wife's hometown). My police bayonet is also missing the grip badge, possibly removed by the veteran but that is unknown.

Looks like a nice piece.. congrats on this find..

Smitty

Rakkasan187

Thank you sir for the reply.

So this bayonet was most likely cut down in 1936? I’m glad to hear it’s authentic... seems like almost everything can be duplicated now a days. I don’t think I’ll be able to replace the Nazi emblem, however... I do believe that the stitching (As you’ve mentioned) can be repaired. I didn’t even noticed the throat screw on the scabbard.

I guess I was way off on the district... I saw something on the web that broke down the district by the first one or two letters. The one I saw listed it as Wiesbaden. You can’t believe everything you read on the web either I guess! Thank you again for the information. David

Smitty,

Thanks! I’ve been wanting one of these police bayonets for a while... I just wasn’t about to pay the premium price for one! I’m a WW2 gun collector at heart and will only pay those prices towards a lot of metal! Grin... but ... I do enjoy the hunt for a good bayonet.

This one came from a pawn shop auction... who wudda thunk?? Maybe it’s time to hit pawn shops a lil more often? Cheers

?

Scabbard fittings are mounted probably wrong, as the stitching should be on backside. anyway a denazified shortened Police SG,b.r.Andy