Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Do these stand a chance????

Article about: It is with great shame that I even post this question. I have searched for about four years now to find a decent pair of Quartermaster Supply shoulderboards. These have a deep crimson piping

Default Do these stand a chance????

It is with great shame that I even post this question. I have searched for about four years now to find a decent pair of Quartermaster Supply shoulderboards. These have a deep crimson piping, darker that artillery/armor red and they have a branch device with an enamelled star... I have a Gymnastiorka in US lend lease wool that is piped for the same, but lacks boards.

Well check these out. Unfortunately, these are offered by none other than our favorite turd farmer, Doubledecker auctions. I hope they are fakes to spare myself a moral delimma. I really hate it when I have to "dance with the devil"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do these stand a chance????   Do these stand a chance????  

Attached Images Attached Images Do these stand a chance???? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do these stand a chance????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Do these stand a chance????

The insignia is certainly authentic - the stars are 50s BTW, or so it has been written by others in the other collecting "world"...

The rest seems crudely fashioned - and given this dude's rep, intentionally I would presume.

If they are over $50.00, including shipping , I would pass.

The insignia is worth the above to me...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Insignia real or not... I just can't do it. They are certainly more than 50 USD. Stars are an easy fix, but given the quality of the photos, you just can't be confident of the piping color. Plus the seller is a turd herder.
    They are all your's Richie

Hey thanks for the go ahead Mike! I'll decline as a matter of principle as far as this guy is concerned. No turds for me. I have already accumulated enough of them over the years...

Really though, those ciphers are matched left & right, and quite a rare find in that state. Our associate collectors overseas would demand a fifty-spot for them alone at any collector's meeting in Kyiv, Moscow, and St Pete.

Mike, I believe I have a spare pair of field type boards that may suit your needs. We may have discussed this at an earlier date, but I am unable to recall that clearly.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Mike, I believe I have a spare pair of field type boards that may suit your needs. We may have discussed this at an earlier date, but I am unable to recall that clearly.
    Richie, you are most welcome for the all clear signal Yes we spoke on this topic at length at prior MAX and SOS shows. It tooks us a bit to nail down the piping color if you recall. If you locate a set of field boards for this branch shoot me a PM or email. I would prefer field actually.

mistake...sorry
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 05-15-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    mistake...sorry
    HA HA... I think you figured it out, but here it is anyway!

It was not the act of having to ask about the item in question that brought the shame. It was the fact that I was publicly admitting that I might, for a moment, consider buying something from that clown.

He relisted them Richie... you get a second chance