Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flags of the USSR

Article about: Hello Gents, Here i will post some flags of The USSR. The reason for posting them here before they will be in the Classifieds Section is as follows. I will try and make sure members are awar

?

Default Flags of the USSR

Hello Gents,

Here i will post some flags of The USSR. The reason for posting them here before they will be in the Classifieds Section is as follows. I will try and make sure members are aware that these flags are available before the disappear.

I have been searching for WW2 USSR flags for a number of forum members for more than a year now. I have been searching far and wide. WW2 period flags are extremely to impossible to find. If i ever find one it will be VERY expensive. So here are some flags from a friend of mine. These flags are from the 70's and 80's. I can get more pics if needed.

Original USSR flag with label. Text says "Always Ready"

Flags of the USSR

USSR 1972

Flags of the USSR

Vimpel/Pennant in wool ВМФ/Marines

Flags of the USSR

Navy Flag

Flags of the USSR

Flag in silk 1970's. Size 90X180 cm

Flags of the USSR

"Nose flag" for Navy ship. ВМФ/Marines USSR

Flags of the USSR

ВМФ/Marines flag. "Mini size"

Flags of the USSR

Flag from "Head of Generals staff of armed forces" ВС

Flags of the USSR

Standard

Flags of the USSR

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flags of the USSR
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flags of the USSR

Very cool man, I love Soviet regalia.

?

Thank you mate It's very nice flags indeed. I wonder what the Russians did to their WW2 period flags???

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Thank you mate It's very nice flags indeed. I wonder what the Russians did to their WW2 period flags???

Regards, Lars
    Hello, Lars.

If you mean the red banner you’ve seen over the Reichstag – it’s in a museum and some of such ww2 flags are in museums too.
    There were flags of military units (actually, it was seldom that a military unit less than a regiment have had it’s own flag). These flags are in the military units now.

What other flags do you mean?

Now you can find a lot of “made in China” flags in every gift store, but during ww2 the situation in SU was a bit different. Please don’t think that every soviet soldier have had a red banner in his pocket. The flag was the very serious thing and there was no tradition to take it and keep as a souvenir, a flag couldn't be smb's private property. Indeed there were not too many flags, so that’s why it’s almost impossible to find the real soviet ww2 flag now.

?

Thank you for the info friend As i wrote i wondered why it was so hard to find CCCP WW2 flags. It sound reasonable what you write. On the other hand it's possible to find German, Japan, US flags and so on from this period.

Regards, Lars