Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with finding a units banner!

Article about: Hello! I was wondering whether there was a source for Soviet banners in individual units? I know when studying Napoleonic regiments theres some sites that have most French, Russian, British

Question Help with finding a units banner!

Hello!

I was wondering whether there was a source for Soviet banners in individual units? I know when studying Napoleonic regiments theres some sites that have most French, Russian, British and Prussian standards and banners but I'm wondering seeing as the Soviet Union lasted so long there must be some sort of archive of unit, battalion, brigade, regiment, divisional banners etc?

I'm specifically trying to find the banner of the 83-й бригады морской пехоты (83rd Naval Infantry Brigade) that fought through Malaya Zemlya etc I believe their full title at the end of the war was "83rd Novorossiisko-Dunaiskaya, Twice Order of the Red Banner, Order of Suvorov" so I'm guessing they would have a rather nicely embellished banner but I can't find any traces of many Soviet Naval banners, any help would be appreciated thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with finding a units banner!
    P
    Many

This is a general resource for Soviet banners:

??????? ?????? ????????? ?????
    ????? ????? ????

For the 83rd Naval Infantry Brigade banner image try to search within the Personalities and/or Photoalbum here:

?????? ? ???????????

Thank you! Unfortunately I couldn't find the 83rd's naval banner but I used the 5th Marine Brigades flag pictured on the first site: http://www.vexillographia.ru/russia/images/1944vmf1.jpg

As a template for the 83rd's banner, now I'm not sure whether this is what the 83rd's would really have looked like but I had a try:
    http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...ps79f18b50.png

They were fully named the "83 Separate Infantry Novorossiysk-Danube Twice Red Banner Order of Suvorov Grade II Marine Brigade" now does that mean they'd actually have this: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...ps3d7bb732.png

Because they were awarded the Red Banner in December 13, 1942.

I'm not sure but I'm sure theres someone here who knows more about the ins and outs of the Soviet flags than I do!