Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original USSR Train Plaque

Article about: I was in St. Petersburg this last summer, and the local who was showing us around took us to a very small, hole in the wall antique store. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering to see h

Default Original USSR Train Plaque

I was in St. Petersburg this last summer, and the local who was showing us around took us to a very small, hole in the wall antique store. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering to see huge stacks of Soviet propaganda and regalia piled all around the small shop, so we indulged in about about a half-hour of exploring before moving on to our next destination (although we easily could have spent all day there ). Long story short, I picked up this very interesting looking Soviet-era plaque that I was told would have been fixed to the front of a train engine back in the day. It has the sickle and hammer emblem on the front surrounded by the ribbons representative of the Soviet republics surrounding it, in typical Soviet style:

(sorry for the not-so-great quality pictures)

Original USSR Train PlaqueOriginal USSR Train PlaqueOriginal USSR Train Plaque

I did manage to find some pictures on the internet of this model or a similar model of plaque on the front of some Soviet train engines.

Here it is pictured on a Soviet ER-9, if I'm not mistaken, from the 60's:

Original USSR Train PlaqueOriginal USSR Train Plaque

I thought I'd put it up here so anyone interested could take a look! I also bought an original WWII SSH40 ('43) helmet with a '48 repair/reconstruction as well as a couple pins. If anyone happens to have any additional information regarding the plaque I'm all ears!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original USSR Train Plaque
    P
    Many