Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?

Article about: Here is a recent addition. Given than WWII era Soviet flags seem to be few and far between, I would welcome opinions. The two-part construction of the field interests me, as does the diagona

Default Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?

Here is a recent addition. Given than WWII era Soviet flags seem to be few and far between, I would welcome opinions.

The two-part construction of the field interests me, as does the diagonal stitching at the fly end. Clearly old, stained and tattered but do we think it could date from WWII?

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?   Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?  

Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?   Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Flag for Evaluation ~ WWII?
    P
    Many

Your Soviet flag is tattered and looks very old but I think it is not a WWII/GPW example.
    The shape of the hammer and sickle emblem on your flag is post 1955 and it even could be a post 1980 production.
    For examples of Soviet wartime flags look at; ??????? ??????? ?????? .
    More about the Soviet flag can be read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union .

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Your Soviet flag is tattered and looks very old but I think it is not a WWII/GPW example.
    The shape of the hammer and sickle emblem on your flag is post 1955 and it even could be a post 1980 production.
    For examples of Soviet wartime flags look at; ??????? ??????? ?????? .
    More about the Soviet flag can be read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union .
    I have to say that the hammer and sickle design does not resemble exactly any of the Wikipedia examples, although the 'Second Soviet flag November 12, 1923—August 19, 1955' is the closest. I would be interested to hear opinions from anybody who owns a verified WWII era Soviet flag. Given the huge variations of WWII German flags, I am guessing that there are far more subtle variations in design of Soviet flag than Wikipedia, in all its questionable authority, are aware of.

Martin

Maybe these topics are interesting for you; Offered this Soviet Flag and Pre-1955 Soviet Flag? .

The problem is that Soviet soldiers took both official and (local) homemade Soviet flags with them. How can you recognize a WWII dated non official flag?
    The most famous Soviet flag was also a homemade flag. It is the Soviet flag which was hoisted on the roof of the Reichstag in Berlin in 1945. It was made of three red tablecloths.

I also found this picture. The picture was taken during the Victory parade in Berlin in 1945. The design of the hammer and sickle on the flag also seems not to be standard.

On the Internet this Soviet WWII flag was for sale. The description reports that the flag is probably an American production.

In the 1980's I visited Russia. During my visit I bought a flag of the Russian Soviet Republic. It is an official made flag and I think it is produced in the 1980's. It has the hammer and sickle printed on one side. The hammer and sickle is of the same design as your flag. Therefore, I think your flag dates from the period 1955 -1980.