Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USSR flag pole top

Article about: I bought this Soviet flag pole top today at a local gun show. The seller claimed that it's from WWII, but I don't really believe that. The price was pretty low, though, so I decided to get i

?

Default USSR flag pole top

I bought this Soviet flag pole top today at a local gun show. The seller claimed that it's from WWII, but I don't really believe that. The price was pretty low, though, so I decided to get it anyway because it still looks pretty neat no matter what. If anyone has any information about it, I would be very grateful for the insight!

USSR flag pole topUSSR flag pole topUSSR flag pole top

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USSR flag pole top
    P
    Many

Thats a beauty Rick! I haven't seen one like this before, but they had a lot of different variatons of these. The model of the hammer and sickle indicates pre-1955!

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Thats a beauty Rick! I haven't seen one like this before, but they had a lot of different variatons of these. The model of the hammer and sickle indicates pre-1955!
    Thanks! Do you think it's a real one and not a copy then? I paid $20 for it, so I assumed it was a fake.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thanks! Do you think it's a real one and not a copy then? I paid $20 for it, so I assumed it was a fake.
    No problem. I don't have a lot of authority to say, but I think that this is an original item. Wartime ones look a bit different and Cold War ones seem to have factory stamps in them, so this could be late 40's to 50's.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    No problem. I don't have a lot of authority to say, but I think that this is an original item. Wartime ones look a bit different and Cold War ones seem to have factory stamps in them, so this could be late 40's to 50's.
    Thanks! Either way, it makes a nice display.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thanks! Either way, it makes a nice display.
    Indeed!