Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

11 flags take a look

Article about: hello gents, this is the bunch of flags i picked up in a deal yesterday. some are not so hot, but it was a buy it all deal. i'll post the nicer ones first. i black lighted them to be sure. b

?

Default 11 flags take a look

hello gents, this is the bunch of flags i picked up in a deal yesterday. some are not so hot, but it was a buy it all deal. i'll post the nicer ones first. i black lighted them to be sure. but they have the right smell and feel to them. (some will understand what i mean by the right smell.) these range from kreigs battle flags to big party flags down to small ones. i will break this post up into 2 parts. the better flags then the lesser ones.
    Kreigs flag is 6 feet by 10 and a half feet
    the long window banner is 5 feet by 14 feet long
    the biggest one is the national party flag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 11 flags take a look   11 flags take a look  

11 flags take a look   11 flags take a look  

11 flags take a look  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 11 flags take a look
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 11 flags take a look

ok it might be more than just 2 parts. hang in there .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 11 flags take a look   11 flags take a look  

11 flags take a look  

The larger ones are quite impressive..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

well the pic's posted a little out of the order i intended, but oh well. some are multy piece swaz on a seperate disk both sides. some are printed on a seperate disk and sewn on both sides. the one smaller flag has a bevo stitch swaz on a sepearate disk 2 sided. the one triangle flag is in bad shape, it was part of a long string of them.
    on to the last 4 flags. two are pre 45 the other two from much later, 70's or 80's may be they came with the medal shown.
    the 2 pre 45 flags here are off balls that i put aside at first as being bad just at a quick look when i was doing the buy. the kreigs flag on a closer look, seems ok except for the fact it was cut off on the hanging side, and some time later folded over and fabric taped into place to keep it from unraveling. it is re enforced stitched all around the other 3 sides. the material has a slight stretch to it, and is a printed type. a shame it was butcherd. the smaller flag has a really fat swaz. multy piece construction, with a bad stitching job. it looks to be for a window because it has no accomidation for a rope. possably a home made item by one of the young girls? just a guess. but it has the right feel and smell and passes black light. but still looks like crap.

11 flags take a look  

That one with the 'fat' swaz is really nasty looking - someones poor attempt, maybe ! ?

I like the miltiple stitching on the Kriegsflag, and I really like the small
    square one with the red cord...............!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 07-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Andrew, can not help on the flags (it is not my sphere of collecting), except for the flags shown in post 4, photo 4, they are DDR (East German) post 1949, pre 1990, they are the real thing ! all the TR ones look to be good to me ! the metal badge shown along with DDR flags, is a West German badge, Bundeswher...Marine, reservists association badge (in memory of service). IMO it is worthy of further research.
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Andrew, all look fine.

The two later flags are of course East German.

The medal is a West German reservists association item.

Cheers, Ade.

I have never seen a scalloped edge swastika on a flag before. William

?

thank you for taking a look gents. the fat swaz flag, all i can say is it seems to be period material. beyond that is just a guess.
    William, i have seen the scalloped edge swaz on some period armbands. they would be a fully stitched swaz instead of stitched on seperate material. i call it Bevo style for lack of a better name. i guess you could call it embroiderd ?