Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

17th Panzer Division/Berghof Pennant?

Article about: A local shop in my town has posted this photo, with what is claimed to be some German and Nazi items. I've been taking a look around the forum, and it looks as though the pennant is a fake p

?

Default 17th Panzer Division/Berghof Pennant?

A local shop in my town has posted this photo, with what is claimed to be some German and Nazi items.
    I've been taking a look around the forum, and it looks as though the pennant is a fake piece from Delta International in the 70s? Looks newer.. Just wanted to check for sure, as I don't know much about collecting or how they should properly look yet. My friend is into world war II history and if it had turned out to be real, it would be a nice gift..

There's also a couple badges that are a little harder to make out in the photo, any info on them?

17th Panzer Division/Berghof Pennant?

Prost!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 17th Panzer Division/Berghof Pennant?
    P
    Many

?

The pennant is a piece of $hit. You must be a damned good friend.

?

Hey hype, these have popped up a few times on the forum and from a quick search I've read that these were made in the 60's by a company called Delta international. The badges are what appear to be some sort of RAD badge, possibly some sort of cap badge? The other is a Nahkampfspange missing it's back plate. Impossible to tell if they are any good from these pictures! Hope this helps

It does appear as a 'fantasy' pennant. The Luft dagger is also
    suspect as a post-war piece in that non-standard sheath.

The R.A.D. cap badge looks promising, but better
    pics are needed.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks guys!
    The shop is open on the weekend or I can possibly make an appointment with the owner. I'll try to snap some photos of the 2 badges...what do you suggest I look for in particular when I get a chance to check them out?

Just take a good clear photo up close of the Front and one or more of the Back on the close combat clasp. It is the only thing in the photo that has any real potential to be decent value. Be sure to get the markings on the back and that the hinge and catch are nice and clear. Pin Open and Pin Closed.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I was recently wondering when one of these fantasy pennants would once again grace our site. This is one of several total fantasy flags sold by Delta International in the early 1970's. We usually see one or two a year. The dagger with the leather sheath is also a late 1950's put together. They could be found both as Heer and Luftwaffe daggers. The blades and handles are genuine and the crossguards are denazified. Good only for parts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

the dagger is a heer dagger in wrong sheath,in fact IMO the whole lots crap.