MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1x3 HJ? flags, SS flag

Article about: Hi! I'm a novice when it comes to militaria and i hope you guys can help me on this. A couple months ago, I bought a Korean war M1 helmet and told the seller if she had any other stuff, that

?

Exclamation 1x3 HJ? flags, SS flag

Hi! I'm a novice when it comes to militaria and i hope you guys can help me on this.
    A couple months ago, I bought a Korean war M1 helmet and told the seller if she had any other stuff, that I'd like to take a crack at it before she throws it up the 'bay. She emailed me about these flags and i don't have any idea where to start. She's wanting $275 for it all i'm not sure if the small SS pendant flag is included yet and apparently the plaques are SS Himmler letters but they're not for sale

Thanks!
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1x3 HJ? flags, SS flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1x3 HJ? flags, SS flag

All the flags are reproductions IMO, cant comment on the plaques

Post war flags-all of them. Ebay will not allow any of them to be sold on it in any case, as it violates their policy concerning Swastika material.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I had a suspicion that the SS one was a repop since it's so new and thin but not all! thanks!

The ridiculous fantasy ink stamps are a dead giveaway. Political flags were never marked in this fashion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Looks like similar flags sold in the 70's, reports with all the markings one could imagine to tart them up!

Was collecting Nazi stuff really big in the 70's? I ask this because I've noticed very often people referring to repro's from the 70's. I do like the above flags even if they are fakes. I love the look of the British Union Jack and the American flag too with their variations.

Quote by BlackWatch View Post
    Was collecting Nazi stuff really big in the 70's? I ask this because I've noticed very often people referring to repro's from the 70's. I do like the above flags even if they are fakes. I love the look of the British Union Jack and the American flag too with their variations.
    Collecting began to grow in the late 1960's. As my old friend the late Phil Weber used to say, "when reproduction cost is less than that of aquisition, fakes will begin to appear." There were fakes in the 1950's and even reproduction of SS insignia in the post war 1940's. These were poor quality and easy to spot. The creation of finer quality reproductions began to blossom in the 1970's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Modern construction and brand new appearance is always a red flag, assume anything SS is fake these days before buying, the car is genuine though lol