Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Authentic "Old Guard" flag??

Article about: Anyone have any info or opinions on this flag? I've done some quick Google-ing and seen some articles about the "Old Guard" and this design being an early 1930's, early NSDAP party

Default Authentic "Old Guard" flag??

Anyone have any info or opinions on this flag? I've done some quick Google-ing and seen some articles about the "Old Guard" and this design being an early 1930's, early NSDAP party flag, but I can not confirm if this is a good one. Can anyone help me with this? It's one side screen printed, cotton material (?) with several markings which you can see in the pics. Maybe one of you has dealt with one like this, I surely have not. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic "Old Guard" flag??   Authentic "Old Guard" flag??  

Authentic "Old Guard" flag??   Authentic "Old Guard" flag??  

Authentic "Old Guard" flag??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic "Old Guard" flag??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Authentic "Old Guard" flag??

It's an old repro from the 1970's. It has the same incorrect sizing
    and 'WALTER BUCH' imprint as mine - also a fake.

Here's a pic to compare.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic "Old Guard" flag??   Authentic "Old Guard" flag??  

Last edited by Walkwolf; 02-07-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve is of course correct.

The problem is a lot of older fakes from the 1970's are now surfacing again after lying dormant in collections for the past 30 odd years. They now have genuine age to them and most new collectors are unfamiliar with them as they have not been made for so long.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Steve is of course correct.

The problem is a lot of older fakes from the 1970's are now surfacing again after lying dormant in collections for the past 30 odd years. They now have genuine age to them and most new collectors are unfamiliar with them as they have not been made for so long.

Cheers, Ade.
    Lesson learned for me. I had this for a while, before I joined this forum, so I didn't have a chance to post it for opinions. That is why I post everything I can before buying, unless I'm darn certain it's a good item or taking pics is not an possibility. Luckily, it wasn't expensive, which now I know should be the first clue about authenticity. I'll have to do some more learning and stick to helmets for now! Thanks for the information. This forum is a great educational tool, greatly appreciated.

Oh man this hurts. I just bought this flag with the exact same markings at an estate sale last weekend. The owner was the president of the local gun club and a member of the local militaria association. WWII veteran that died recently and was in his 90s. I paid $250 for it! Huge lesson learned and I will not be making that mistake again. It looked genuinely aged. I did get a great deal on an m1902 sword though. Still lost big time.

?

Ill say you got quite a cheap lesson considering what the genuine flag might cost.

These were sold by Delta International, a firm well known for selling reproduction and fantasy 3rd Reich flags. The had a series of fantasy SS divisional car pennants that pop up on forums at least a couple times a year. As a side note, in the many years I have collected, I have never seen a genuine example of this flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I have only ever seen period illustrations of this flag in the Party handbook. Never even a period photo, never mind an extant example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

How would you know if you had a real one of these, and what would the current price be..

There would be indications of originality from the way it was made, size, condition,
    provenance, etc. Apparently these are very rare though - perhaps only a few
    were ever made - if at all, and as advanced collector Mr. Coleman states,
    he has never seen one. An original would be quite expensive.

Thought I hit the jackpot with the one above, but should have known better.
    It was in searching for information on this bogus flag that I found
    'War Relics Forum' and became a member.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-04-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast