Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?

Article about: This flag is on Victorymilitaria.com and has already been sold ( I have not bought it ). I was just curious about authenticity. Its construction looks unlike any other 3rd Reich flag I have

Default Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?

This flag is on Victorymilitaria.com and has already been sold ( I have not bought it ). I was just curious about authenticity. Its construction looks unlike any other 3rd Reich flag I have seen so I am presuming it is a fantasy item, or am I wrong? Thank you in advance for any opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?  Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?  Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?  Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?  Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Banner...3rd Reich or fantasy?
    P
    Many

?

OUCH!! What the hell happened to this?!
    I haven't seen this variation before , some close up images of the weave and tassels would help.

Yes it is a bit knackered. The site describes it as ROUGH!

?

Oh, sorry, I didn't read the caption. Looks like close pics are irrelevant .

Made in the style of a period piece but I would have to see this in hand to make a conclusive opinion. My initial reaction was a fake that had aging done to it with acid.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I can't say I ever seen one like it looks like it could be a podium banner. I am not sure about the construction but it does contain a lot of detail

Interesting Patriotic Event Banner, something to hang over the window-sill I suppose...Looks like some critter made a meal out of it while it was rolled up, leaving that odd damage...
    cheers, Glenn

?

That's what I was thinking too, Glenn. Pity , if real anyway.

Thank you for the feedback. There is another one of these on third reich depot website which is also sold but I seem to remember that dealer had a poor rep (apologies if I am mistaken).

Personally, I'm not liking this banner all that much. The cartoony look on the eagles face is disturbing and the string tie does not look 70 years old. The detailing is almost non-existent with the wreath, for example, being almost a ring donut. It could be an older (60's?) item that has been stored poorly and attacked by mice?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast