Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

D.A.F flag

Article about: This isn't as nice as the one recently posted but i do like the workmanship thats gone into it. However there are a couple of problems with it. Theres black mould growing on it, seen best on

OKW
    ?

Default D.A.F flag

This isn't as nice as the one recently posted but i do like the workmanship thats gone into it. However there are a couple of problems with it. Theres black mould growing on it, seen best on the white bit. How can i get rid of this without affecting the material, would a home drycleaning kit work. The fringe is aluminium so would this be affected? Someones already done something to the flag as theres slight pinking to the white.
    Secondly there no area patches sewn on although theres thread and a cleaner square area where they were. Does anyone know of a couple of loose ones anywhere or indeed does anyone collect just the patches.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D.A.F flag   D.A.F flag  

2. # ADS

Default Re: D.A.F flag

Hi OKW, to get rid of black mold I think you are down to washing the flag. I have read before that brushing it down and exposing the flag to sunlight might help.

I did a search and came up with this link:

Mold On Clothes

I suspect the town name patch was removed to prevent any connection to the place today. I don't think I have ever seen one of these for sale loose. I cannot imagine people would collect just these alone, but who knows.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

Default Re: D.A.F flag

Thanks for that Ade, i think i'll go the vinegar route, i think the red would run if washed and a swas on a pink background wouldn't quite be it anymore. The management won't let me fly the flag for some reason, so the rules out u.v treatment. I thought someone might collect the patches as they are easier to display and store than the full blown flag, but i can see that some firms might not want their connection with the TR brought into the open.