Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutschland Erwache SA standard

Article about: Hello, just saw on an auction site this standard from the city of Neurode, I think it's original, looks very nice... do you know how much may this be worth? thank you Vic

vic
    ?

Default Deutschland Erwache SA standard

Hello,
    just saw on an auction site this standard from the city of Neurode, Deutschland Erwache SA standard
    I think it's original, looks very nice... do you know how much may this be worth?
    thank you
    Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutschland Erwache SA standard   Deutschland Erwache SA standard  

Deutschland Erwache SA standard   Deutschland Erwache SA standard  

2. # ADS

That's a stinker.

- - ------- - -

Deutschland Erwache SA standardHere is a real one. Photos: Whammond.

Deutschland Erwache SA standardDeutschland Erwache SA standardDeutschland Erwache SA standardSiehe da! Photos: Rannow

Deutschland Erwache SA standardDeutschland Erwache SA standardThe silken textile in such flags is very distinctive, and not easily duplicated. It is not unlike the silk in the SS peaked cap, itself, fairly unique and of finest quality.

Bob Coleman is the expert on this material, not I, in fact.

It may not help much, but then again it might as it's showing them in period use, but I just can't resist shamelessly posting the one DE thing I have. I own the negative to this photo:

If the OP flag had been original, it would cost in the tens of thousands. I would think one of these is of grail quality to TR colelctors.

Deutschland Erwache SA standardmore....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Deutschland Erwache SA standardmore....
    Is that pole topper original? I didn't think any of these still existed due to the Russians destroying these. Shame too, as many of us could have probably been able to acquire these. You have to hand it to the Romans, this type of standard really did have presence. It's no wonder the Germans stole the idea.

Deutschland Erwache SA standardThe item I enclose is original. It resides in one of the very top world collections for this "topper."
    I have no idea which of these standards survived, but no one can assert that the Russians destroyed them all.
    How could the Russians have destroyed something where they never set foot? Are you aware of the four zones of occupation in defeated Germany and Austria?
    And, these items have always been the most rare and sought after objects of Nazi regalia, and have never been either cheap or common.

Eichsfeld is or is not on the Hessian Thuringian border, and is a place where US troops operated in 1945, even if it later became part of the DDR.
    And, as Bob Coleman will tell us, many of these SA standards were in the Fuehrerbau in Munich, a place especially seized by the US and looted at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast