Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DJ Fahnleinfahne

Article about: today i thought i would share with you all my favourite HJ flag from my Hitler-jugend Collection,a double sided Deutsch-jungvolk Fahnleinfahne 14/385,Fahnlein 14 Bann 385 Nethegau West/Westf

Default DJ Fahnleinfahne

today i thought i would share with you all my favourite HJ flag from my Hitler-jugend Collection,a double sided Deutsch-jungvolk Fahnleinfahne 14/385,Fahnlein 14 Bann 385 Nethegau West/Westfalen,has stains throughout & remains of a blue/green RZM tag,unfortunately all loops are broken like its been cut off a pole,though in graet condition,a very heavy flag,for anyone who has never held one before,.cheers lads,any comments much appretiated,thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ Fahnleinfahne   DJ Fahnleinfahne  

DJ Fahnleinfahne   DJ Fahnleinfahne  

DJ Fahnleinfahne   DJ Fahnleinfahne  

DJ Fahnleinfahne  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Fahnleinfahne
    P
    Many

no problems with that one is there.

A very nice example of a flag not often seen anymore. Unfortunately, it was always easier for the Allied soldier to pull out his knife or bayonet and cut the ring loops instead of finding a screwdriver and dismounting the flag with the rings from the pole.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

JMM
    ?

Great flag. Didn't know they were that heavy (sadly never held one...)

385 was first known as Warburg (August 1, 1937). In 1938 (date unknown) the Reichsjugendführung
    ordered the renaming into Nethegau. In January 1939 this was cancelled and it became Warburg again.
    In 1941 this Bann was again renamed as Nethegau and remained as such until the end of the war.

Nice flag and indeed quite heavy. You should hold the Jungbann-flag. That one is even heavier due to
    the heavy eagle. A young flag bearer had a tough job, when carrying such flag onto a pole (and with
    windy weather). Most often such type of flag was in the possession of one of the bigger boys from the
    group.

A great example. The construction of these flags is quite robust, once you've held a legitimate example in hand the fakes are quite poorly constructed in comparison. I regret selling the nice example I had from Altoona. Congratulations on this addition.