Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Early SS Trumpet Banner

Article about: Hi Nick, My luck was fine until I joined this site...I got this banner from a private collector, the same one where I got the SS belt and buckle, and am waiting for his permission to mention

Default Re: Early SS Trumpet Banner

Hi Max,

Look, if your still around why not drop this chap a line. His name is Ben Weed and he is considered one of the top guys on these banners and a well respected member on WAF.

Maybe then you'll get an answer either way. Failing that hopefully Bob Coleman may wish to voice an opinion when he drops in.

www.thecolours.info

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Trumpet Banner
    P
    Many

Chalk another one up for the power of wonderfully laid out website graphics and authoritatively written descriptions. Once again, someone has been totally impressed by G.I.'s presentation and has, naturally assumed, that the guy who has such an amazing site must certainly be a "big authority in the hobby" (has vaults full of genuine SS stuff,remember). And, just as naturally, when he finally does find out that the "super dealer" he's been so lucky to find and deal with (heck, they're basically even Friends at this point, you know) has been foisting fakes onto the market-and in Quantity, they immediately trot out G.I.'s own arguments almost word for word. "The others are jealous...they don't know their stuff...Ignore what the wannabe's have to say-listen to Me. I'm the Expert."
    This happens here about...what? Every couple months or so? And, just as predictably, the resulting reaction kicks in. Shock, disbelief, indignation, and finally "well-deserved" outrage. Usually, such initial posts almost always seem to contain words to the effect stating pretty much that the item is "absolutely genuine and unquestionably real"(so don't Dare pick on it, in other words...). Personally, I don't know why they even go to the trouble of posting things, if they already know to within an iota of certainty that it's genuine. Bragging? Showing off? And, inevitably, such scenes as These take place. If there was some way to bet on them, I'd be on a yacht somewhere in the Aegean by now... Probably about time to close this thread before tempers go too far and things are said that shouldn't be...Just my opinion, though, of course...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well said, William.........
    Regards,

Steve.

If Max is so certain everyone is wrong..........please present other examples of this flag. I would like to see more photos, wikipedia or some reference. I always research whatever I am posting to at least have a good basic knowledge and not look like a fool.

Regards,

Sam

Again, that killed in action was posted by me two weeks ago after the "moderator" tried to acuse me of improper behavior, but never formally asked me to leave. I have nothing to defend myself against with you smart asses.

?

On that note and with obviously no prospect of a balanced argument for it's authenticity likely to be forthcoming I don't believe this is going any further so it's closed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Max Hansen View Post
    Again, that killed in action was posted by me two weeks ago after the "moderator" tried to acuse me of improper behavior, but never formally asked me to leave. I have nothing to defend myself against with you smart asses.
    Now you do!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Andrew,

I have followed this, and all of your "contributions" with great interest.

Also, the kindergarten age rant written in your profile; "Max Hansen was reported today as killed in action. The report was issued by the moderators." further discredits you along with the last in this thread.

It seems to me that you have a serious interest in this hobby, and that is respectable. However, may I state it is a bit of a overzealous one and you seem overly defensive, sarcastic, and less than honest when called upon.

I strongly feel that this forum is not a place for you and advise you to locate and join a forum where any will not contest the items you show - just OOOs, Ahhhhhs, and Great, Cool, and of course the quintessential; "Thanx 4 showing"...

Goodbye to you and kindly do not attempt re-registration.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4