Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

First Battle Flag Questions

Article about: Hi guys, I just picked up my first antique flag today size 200x335. I believe it is real based on a loose thread burn test, however I'd like to hear your inputs? The Reichskriegsflg. and siz

Default First Battle Flag Questions

Hi guys, I just picked up my first antique flag today size 200x335. I believe it is real based on a loose thread burn test, however I'd like to hear your inputs? The Reichskriegsflg. and size are the only markings I see. Furthermore, it does have a lot of stains on it as possible mold, and I was wondering if there's any way I can wash without damaging the fabric. Also, there are rips on it, and I was wondering if I should repair them to prevent further tearing?

Thanks

First Battle Flag QuestionsFirst Battle Flag QuestionsFirst Battle Flag QuestionsFirst Battle Flag QuestionsFirst Battle Flag Questions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Battle Flag Questions
    P
    Many

Hi, looks good to me.
    as far as cleaning and repair, it is more of a personal decision, I wouldn't. Ive owned many flags throughout the years, and have never cleaned or repaired any. K.

I certainly wouldn't do any stitching or repairs to it. As for cleaning and mold removal,etc-I'd probably suggest a delicate detergent like hand washing it with Woolite and laying it flat on a table with towels to dry. Definitely never hang it,and especially so when wet. I'd be pretty ginger handling it,though. If the cloth is Rotting, there's not a whole lot of options.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."