Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page)

Article about: hello Julekpl again I'm not sure as to where to post my inquiries pertaining to flags, and so I've somehow managed to end up on this end of the forums. I was wondering if and of you could he

Default Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page)

hello
    Julekpl again
    I'm not sure as to where to post my inquiries pertaining to flags, and so I've somehow managed to end up on this end of the forums. I was wondering if and of you could help me figure out anything about this flag in particular. The owner is interested in trading it for something I own, or cash, however, both of us are not sure as to what kind of flag it is. It looks like a parade flag of sorts, and hopefully an early one. Any thoughts? Thank you kindly!

Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page) Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page) Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page) Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page) Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag Authenticity? (Not sure if I'm in the right forums page)
    P
    Many

its real

It's real but looks to be simply a Podium banner.(the gold fringe says that) It is, however, in terrible condition and not worth going for, in my opinion. A shame, as it looks like it had been a decent banner. Even has a nice woven makers tag from Cologne.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for your help! It is painful to see it in such condition, but I'll try to negotiate a reasonable price. I dont have a cloth piece in my collection and even a tattered one would give my collection some color, but only for a veeeeery reasonable price. Thank you once again!

?

It is a good podium banner .... a shame about the rip but it is 70 + years old and shows use. Some like these salty items that show age others do not.

if the price is right go for it.

JMM
    ?

I would get it (if the price is right, of course)
    This podium banner has it's age and it shows. Guess it only makes it more "real"

Terrible condition or not, it is worth having. There are flags in much worst condition than this. All are part of history, and all deserve a good home.

Condition is not that bad at all, nice to see the cloth label --- I say; if the price is right you can do no real wrong here. Bear in mind that "podium" banners such as this are not rare, plenty around --- so take that into account as well as the condition issues.