Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Flag storage ideas

Article about: I have a handful of flags that I love but as they take up too much room to display and given the fact that I do not want to expose them to too much light, I have them stored the way i got th

MAP
    ?

Default Flag storage ideas

I have a handful of flags that I love but as they take up too much room to display and given the fact that I do not want to expose them to too much light, I have them stored the way i got them (folded up). I know that this is not ideal and want to roll them up and store in an acid free tube.

However after some quick searching on the Web, a 4 inch wide archival quality tube of around 5 feet in length is going for over $150 and even higher.

Is there a cheaper way that is still safe?

Someone recommended using a wood dowel and a standard cardboard shipping tube but to wrap the dowel and the outside of the flags with archival paper before putting in the tube. Not sure I buy this idea...

Thanks,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag storage ideas
    P
    Many

?

How about some PVC pipe. They come in some large sizes that can be had to fit inside of each other and some Preppers use them to store for the SHTF/ end of times scenario. I am not sure about the effect they would have on the material but if you use that archival paper between the the two??? Just a thought. Or you could donate them to the AZPhil museum and I promise they will be kept in a very very low humidity environment.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I think I like the second option better. In return I'll take some of your rifles and pistols.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Michael,
    I think if you roll them up with some muslin cloth and store them in some normal cardboard tubes, you will be fine.
    Just make sure that there is enough muslin to protect the flags from staying in contact with the tube all of the time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ralph. That's sounds like a good idea. (Although Phil's idea of storing them in Arizona had merit as well...lol). They are all in really good shape so just want to ensure they last long enough for the next generation and beyond

I keep all mine in acid free bags. They sack up nicely and only need to be folded twice, my late state flags require a few more folds.
    Flag storage ideas

MAP
    ?

Thanks KM. I too have them in a bag like this but I want to store them without the folds.
    Last edited by MAP; 07-01-2015 at 02:19 AM.