Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flag value (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)

Article about: Hello all , I bought this flag recently at a very good price, however I am not sure on value. I have had a few dealers offer \\$250 , claiming to sell it for \\$500 but then I have one reputable

Default Flag value (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)

Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)Hello all ,

I bought this flag recently at a very good price, however I am not sure on value. I have had a few dealers offer $250 , claiming to sell it for $500 but then I have one reputable dealer offering $500-$400 in trade for the flag .

My issue is , the flag is neat however I am pretty sure no one else would offer $400-500 generally for a flag in this condition ? I don't want to miss this chance if someone is offering this high amount in trade however, I don't know it's value exactly. Also the trade offered , I don't know if the items I am wanting are as rare as this flag but it's about what you like I guess, not what it's worth (all the time at least).

It has two small holes , a drop of print red ink (I believe this dot to be from ink on flag as it's the same color) , it has stains , which look removable (not embellished in fabric) and one thread sticking out. Otherwise in mint shape, looks unused to be honest.

So my two questions are...should I take the $400-500$ offer in trade or should I hold onto it ?

Also , how can I get stains out of this flag ? It looks like its not embedded and I feel removing this may help value however being an old flag I know it's not a simple washing it needs. The stains appear to be newer possibly, not something made during war time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag value  (trade) and how do I clean the stains? (Kreigsmarine Flag)
    P
    Many

?

Most flags normally have a stain or two, its something you expect with age. If it were my flag I would just leave it.

?

Dealers usually offer these at around $600 for one in nice condition, but yours really isn't bad at all. In my opinion, $500 in trade is a fair price from a dealer, assuming the items he's trading are actually worth that much. You can sell it for $500 elsewhere, though, so don't trip over yourself to accept it. That's my opinion, but wait and see what some of the more experienced collectors have to say.

?

Don't try to clean it, more chance of damage than good being down, also, some might think it has been messed with and will call it "not right"
    Leave it alone, if you trade or sell it, let the person that gets it make their choice.

Just my thoughts

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Simple, do not clean the stains....... The flag has history and character, those have to be preserved.

Yes maybe I will wait. I like the items he has but I am not feeling that " I gotta have" it feeling on any of his current items. I personally really enjoy photos and documents. So maybe I will wait rather then simply take the first nibble.

I paid $125 , plus $25 in fees for this at a local auction . I assume that I did well ?...

?

Just thinking about this, you have a nice German Flag ( I don't collect German myself) but I know you never have problems selling or trading a good original German Flag, the dealer knows you have it, and if he does not have anything you REALLY want, hold off until he has, or someone comes up with a better offer or deal...you have a good trade piece..so to my way of thinking, "the ball is in your court" so to speak..hang on until you see something you really need..you got a good deal on it...don't blow that by getting something you my regret in the future.
    Again. Just My Thoughts.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

Quote by historyrecovered View Post
    Yes maybe I will wait. I like the items he has but I am not feeling that " I gotta have" it feeling on any of his current items. I personally really enjoy photos and documents. So maybe I will wait rather then simply take the first nibble.

I paid $125 , plus $25 in fees for this at a local auction . I assume that I did well ?...
    Nicely done! $150 is a very good price.

make sure what he offers is original items.

Just keep it at that price, and whatever you do, do not clean it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast