Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flags - SS and Swastika

Article about: Still seems to be a market for these even if they aren't authentic...anyone care to help with an estimated price range for each? I found several sites selling identical 60x90 versions of the

ajd
    ?

Default Re: Flags - SS and Swastika

Still seems to be a market for these even if they aren't authentic...anyone care to help with an estimated price range for each? I found several sites selling identical 60x90 versions of the red one for $200-$500 but that seems like a lot. Can't find anything about the black SS one so it might be rarer.

2. # ADS

The early fakes were often not aimed at the collector market as they were not well made. The SS piece being an excellent example as the overall design is total fantasy. These were intended to sell to the gun show people, not serious collectors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by ajd View Post
    Still seems to be a market for these even if they aren't authentic...anyone care to help with an estimated price range for each? I found several sites selling identical 60x90 versions of the red one for $200-$500 but that seems like a lot. Can't find anything about the black SS one so it might be rarer.

As previously stated, these items are not authentic. The price tag you saw on the Kriegs flag on the other sites were most likely for an authentic flag.

With that said, there would be no value to them as authentic Third Reich items. As reproductions/fantasy items, there are a few sites currently selling similar flags as reproductions at about $15 for the SS and about the same for the Krieg's, but it is 36X60. Search Reproduction German Flags in Google to find the sites I'm talking about.

As for your original post, even if you wanted to sell these on EBAY, they would be removed shortly after you put your listing up as they violate their policies.

ajd
    ?

Thanks all for the quick and helpful responses. Cheers.

?

I had these two exact same flags i bought from a bloke who did repros back in the early 90's, found his add in the back of a people magazine, he sold repro of all german flags as well as fantasy stuff.......mail order, I paid $10 each!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Some of these older fakes are now starting to come back onto the market as collections get sold.
    There is A LOT of that going on right now. Plenty of fakes with patina. People are falling for it too when they think they have cleaned out an unsuspecting family and find out they got a pile of junk.

Smile Re: Flags - SS and Swastika

You know there is something about ''Karmah" it seems to come back and bite you on the butt.

Quote by operaman View Post
    You know there is something about ''Karmah" it seems to come back and bite you on the butt.
    Amen brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2