Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frauenwerk banner?

Article about: Hello all, I was wondering if I might be able to get a little info on this banner I acquired recently. It is for the Frauenwerk organization which if I am not mistaken predated the Frauensch

?

Default Frauenwerk banner?

Hello all,
    I was wondering if I might be able to get a little info on this banner I acquired recently. It is for the Frauenwerk organization which if I am not mistaken predated the Frauenschaft organization & eventually was absorbed into the Frauenschaft correct? The banner itself is double sided and comprised of separate pieces and individually sewn lettering. The size is about 4 ft wide and a little over 5 feet long. It looks as if it has been shortened also. Any comments regarding this item, originality or otherwise, or info on the organization would be appreciated also. I have seen some frauenschaft pennants and stuff that seem to be locally made as opposed to official type items, would this organization have an officially designated flag or would items like this most likely be made locally?
    thanks ahead of time for any help comments or info.
    Duzig(Bill)
    Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frauenwerk banner?
    P
    Many

?

just bringing this up again for any info on this item. thanks
    Duzig(Bill)

I haven't seen one like that. Frankly, it seems like a modern concoction.

Hello. I was interested in this thread initially and I still am. I cannot say original or not, but I can say with the pictures provided I very much like the look of it. While I can't find another example of one, I could certainly see the Frauenwerk organization having such a piece. All other civil organizations had flags so why not this one. I know I say this often but materials and construction are good indicator of a period cloth item along with aging and of course that old textile smell. I can see a bit of what I consider to be genuine discoloration (faint brown spots) on the he white field. It looks to be multi-piece construction, and is stitched very well. Here's an example from collectors guild for the frauenschaft so they did exist. But again I cannot say anything to a certainty. Kindest regards.

Brian

Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?

?

Hello and thanks to all for your replies.
    I have seen only maybe one or two items like this one, most of the time I see as Brian showed ones for the Frauenschaft organization. Brian, as you noted there is some discoloration & soiling on the white parts of the flag and the red part is of the same type of material seen on many regular party style flags. If this is a modern made item someone took an awful lot of care and time creating it. I have seen a number of Frauenschaft pennants and flags that seemed to be locally made and varied from one to the other, hence my question on whether this might have been locally made or what. Again, I thank all who have answered & appreciate any other answers or info regarding this item.
    thanks,
    Duzig(Bill)

Here seems to be a period photo of one on display

Frauenwerk banner?

Best regards

Brian

?

I like it but without seeing in person it is hard to judge. I haw seem similarly constructed flags before. I know that isn’t much of an answer but h is all I have at the moment.

Hummel

?

Brian, thank you much for posting that picture. Fantastic! My item looks very much like that with the exception that the red portion seems to be triangle shaped also. The style of lettering seems to look much the same also. Again, many thanks to you for the pic and your answer and also to carpediem for your reply. Glad to hear any other opinion or information from members. Hummel, thank you also for your reply. When you say you've seen similiarly constructed flags do you mean from this organization or just in general? In any case thank you for your reply.
    thanks again
    Bill (Duzig)

I will go with Brian on this one.. looks really good and period to me..
    Great banner!

?

Thank you Ullergaard for your reply. I took a couple of pictures using a 24" inch UV light. I don't see any fluorescence so to me that's another indication that it is an original piece. I put a modern t-shirt & another one of my flags in two of the pics to see if there was a difference between the fluorescence. In one of the pics I put the light directly behind the red part of flag just to see if anything fluoresced. Again thanks for all comments and any other comments or info.
    Duzig(Bill)Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?Frauenwerk banner?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast