Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Banner WW2?

Article about: Hello Everyone, Got this, banner? flag? last night, the price was right and I am a sucker for flags. Haha! It is single-sided. The red material is almost exact to NSDAP flag material. There

?

Default German Banner WW2?

Hello Everyone,

Got this, banner? flag? last night, the price was right and I am a sucker for flags. Haha! It is single-sided. The red material is almost exact to NSDAP flag material. There are no reinforcement areas in the corners. No areas were it looks like there were hangers. It is a two piece construction. It came from a military gun collection that was purchased by a friend and he didn't know what it was so I said I would take it. It looked interesting. It could be a WW2 German tablecloth. I looked at naval signal flags, nothing similar. Any ideas? German Banner WW2?German Banner WW2?German Banner WW2?German Banner WW2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Banner WW2?
    P
    Many

I do not see anything that would indicate this is German 3rd Reich period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob....... I have a car that colour and that's not ww2, or German....its a 1966 ford mustang 😆

Surely not a signal flag.

I would say, a homemade tablecloth or decorative drape, and from the colors and the construction, it may well be that this is a case of post-war recycling of a former Swastika flag or simply of surplus textile materials originally intended for the manufacture of Swastika flags (the red flag cloth as the base material and the black cloth for the Swastikas for the square cut-outs sewn on top).

The notion is not absurd, as there are countless examples for this kind of recycling during the frugal immediate post-war period, when everything was in short supply.

However, this is admittedly speculation on my part, and without very solid provenance, it will be hard to prove.

Well she's the same colour Red 480BHP sweet as a peach
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Banner WW2?  

?

John, are those American Racing rims? Very nice Mustang! I had a 68 Camaro but it was rusty, gray primer and had no engine or interior. Haha! It was a solid California car, here in NJ they are hard to find without huge holes in the floors as if HE artillery went through them. Thanks for the pic!

They are
    Here's the spec, sorry mods, off topic, delete if you feel the need..Fitted with:
    302 small block bored 60 thou......351 Polished Heads, Ford Racing Rocker Covers, Crane Cam And Lifters , Ford Pertronix Ignition, Edelbrock 600 Series Carburetor And Aluminium “flowed” Intake Manifold, 157 Tooth Flywheel, Centreforce Clutch, Manual 3 Speed Gearbox with Hurst Shifter. LSD Rear End Shelby springs American Racing Wheels 17” Tyres

Crane PowerMax cam and lifter - These kits feature cams with lobe patterns designed to balance intake and exhaust flow. Their unique profiles produce maximum low, mid, and upper rpm power.
    Cylinder Head, Victor Jr, assembled, Aluminium –
    60cc Chamber, 210cc Intake Runner,
    Carburettor - Edelbrock performer, 600 cfm, 4-Barrel, Square Bore, Manual Choke, Single Inlet

Centreforce performance clutch - These discs are designed to withstand the loadings from high-horsepower engines,

And finally …….It will do a quarter mile 13.44 secs. - 272 feet per second - which is pretty respectable….and quick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Banner WW2?  

New material for Charlie Brown's next shirt?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Could it be a banner for a Burschenschaft, German student fraternity? The Nazi dissolved or absorbed the student fraternities.
    The Urburschenschaft was the first Burschenschaft, one traditional form of German student fraternities. (from Wiki)

German Banner WW2?

?

The German "resistance" flag of 1944 had the scheme of the Nordic Cross pattern in red, black and gold. Are there any known surviving flags of the German resistance in museums or private collections? Did the resistance have any other types of flags before Ernst Wirmer and other 20th July plotters designed the "Resistance" flag in 1944?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast